- A stunning late-production 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta achieves $8.15 million
- The Ming Collection is 100% sold, led by record-breaking $3.5 million 2006 Ferrari FXX
- Following Friday night sale of McLaren F1 “LM-Specification” for record-breaking $19.8 million
- RM Auto Restoration will present four motor cars on the lawn at Pebble Beach on Sunday, 18 August
- Complete results from RM Sotheby’s Monterey sale will be available at rmsothebys.com
MONTEREY, CA – August 18, 2019 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The final night of RM Sotheby’s Monterey auction in California concluded earlier this evening and was led by the late-production, matching numbers Classiche-Certified 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta, which achieved $8,145,000. Chassis no. 3359 GT, with coachwork by Scaglietti, it is one of only 40 steel body SWB Berlinettas built in the final production run during 1962, exhibiting the desirable aesthetic distinctions of the late-production cars.
Modern Ferraris were also in high demand on Saturday night, with the Ming Collection, an exceptional group of seven all-red, incredibly low-mileage Ferrari performance and supercars bringing strong prices across the group. The Ming Collection was led by the sale of a rare 2006 Ferrari FXX in “time capsule” condition at a final $3,525,000 to set a new world record for the model at auction (est. $2.85m/3.25m).
Complete catalogue descriptions for all cars offered in RM Sotheby’s 2019 Monterey sale are available at rmsothebys.com. High res catalogue images are available for download from rmsothebys.com when logged in as a registered media contact. Event images are available upon request.
For further information, please contact a member of the RM Sotheby’s PR department. An official Monterey results release will be distributed early next week.
- Results are listed in USD and include buyer’s premium.
- Exchange rates used:
- USD to Euro – 0.905
- USD to GBP – 0.835
- USD to HKD – 7.855
- USD to JPY – 107.50
- USD to CHF – 0.985
- The previous record for the most valuable Ferrari FXX sold at auction was $3.15M
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles. With 40 years’ experience in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from private treaty sales and auctions (including both RM Sotheby’s and RM Auctions events) to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM Sotheby’s is currently responsible for six of the top ten most valuable motor cars ever sold at auction. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby’s, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit rmsothebys.com.
Source: RM Sotheby’s