SCOTTSDALE, AZ – January 10, 2019 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Barrett-Jackson has consigned an historic 1,800 No-Reserve vehicles, the most on record for any public collector car auction, for its 48th Annual Scottsdale Auction, January 12-20, 2019, at WestWorld of Scottsdale. Among the 1,800 collector cars being sold at No Reserve during the ultimate celebration of the hobby are the highly coveted Saturday Showcase Cars, presented by E.D. Marshall and Zenith. Saturday’s offering features some of the most revered luxury, performance and rare collector cars, including a 2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition (Lot #1412), one of only 50 ever built.
“With over 1,800 cars set to cross the block, this is will be our largest consignment in history,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “It’s an honor that a record number of our customers have consigned their collector cars for this month’s Scottsdale Auction. We’re using every square inch of our facility to showcase these beautiful cars, and will have 37 hours of live TV coverage on MotorTrend and Discovery. We couldn’t be more excited about what’s going to happen in Scottsdale this year. The world’s attention will be focused on Barrett-Jackson and it’s going to be phenomenal.”
Rare and low-mileage supercars are among the most anticipated vehicles in the Saturday Showcase. Set to sell at No Reserve is a 2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo (Lot 1415), which boasts a standing-start quarter-mile resulting in an elapsed time of 10.5 seconds at 145 mph. A limited-edition 2012 McLaren MP4-12C High Sport (Lot #1411) is number 9 of the 10 High Sport versions produced. Another supercar making its way across the Scottsdale Auction block is a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot #1406), which honors the 40-year anniversary of the GT40’s 1-2-3 finish at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966, as well as its consecutive wins from 1966-69.
“We’ve taken Scottsdale to another level with more cars, more carmakers, more vendors and more fun than ever before,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “This incredible collector car event will include three vehicle introductions and a huge number of high-profile motorsports celebrities, along with an unprecedented docket. Only in Scottsdale and only at Barrett-Jackson will you get this new level of excitement. It’ll be unlike anything in the entire world.”
The Saturday Showcase Cars will also include:
- 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot #1353) – #290 of 300 produced, previously owned by NASCAR’s Mark Martin and displayed at the Mark Martin Klassix Auto Museum in Daytona Beach, Florida
- 2001 Ferrari 550 Barchetta (Lot #1377) – One of 448 built to commemorate Pininfarina’s 70th Anniversary
- 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 396/425 Cutaway Engine Display (Lot #1401) – From the 1965 New York World’s Fair and restored to its original glory
- John Lennon’s 1965 Mercedes-Benz 230SL Roadster (Lot #1418) – includes a copy of the original U.K. registration bearing John Lennon’s iconic signature
- 1992 Porsche 911 RS (Lot #1413) – One of 1,910 lightweights produced by the factory
- 2005 Ford GTX-1 Roadster (Lot #1378) – One of the few roadster conversions produced by Ford
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova II SS Custom Coupe (Lot #1366) – One-of-a-kind, built by Kindig-It Design from the ground up
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot #1399) – Concours rotisserie-restored with 4,558 original miles
- 1965 Ford Mustang VIN 0002 (Lot #1365) – The very first Ford Pilot Plant/Pre-production Mustang hardtop
- 2014 Mercedes G63 6×6 (Lot #1410) – Mercedes produced very limited numbers of the G63 worldwide, with very few ever making it to the U.S.; 607 actual miles
The 2019 Scottsdale Auction docket, including the Saturday Showcase Cars presented by E.D. Marshall and Zenith, is now available to view online. Advance tickets, nine-day ticket packages and information on VIP Packages are available at Barrett-Jackson.com. Also, follow Barrett-Jackson on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest news and information heading into the 2019 Scottsdale Auction.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car and automotive lifestyle events, which include authentic automobilia auctions and the sale of high-profile estates and private collections. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut; and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson features extensive live television coverage, including broadcasts in over 150 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit Barrett-Jackson.com or call 480-421-6694.
Source: Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC