Sales topped by 2005 Ford GT at $265,000
WALWORTH, WI – December 5, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Mecum Auctions’ collector-car auction in Kansas City, Missouri, held Nov. 30 through Dec. 2, was a success as 391 vehicles hammered sold for an overall total of $8.2 million in sales.
The biannual auction is one of Mecum’s most consistent events and a personal favorite for many Mecum employees and customers alike. Sales at the December auction were topped by a 2005 Ford GT (Lot S91) with just 3,600 miles that gaveled for $265,000. Other top sellers included an attractive 1968 Ford Mustang Resto Mod (Lot S108) and a 36,000-mile 1986 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S86).
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Kansas City 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S91) at $265,000
- 1968 Ford Mustang Resto Mod (Lot S108) at $95,000
- 1986 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S86) at $87,500
- 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 Fastback (Lot S118) at $75,000
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot S130.1) at $74,000
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S116.1) at $69,500
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S99) at $68,000
- 2014 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Lot S80.1) at $63,500
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvette (Lot S90) at $60,000
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S116) at $60,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next collector-car auction is the world’s largest this Jan. 5-14 in Kissimmee, Florida, featuring 3,000 vehicles including some of the most iconic drag cars in existence, nearly 20 celebrated private collections and more. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
About Mecum Auctions
Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 30 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Established by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wisconsin. For further information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050. Follow along with Mecum’s social media news and join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
Source: Mecum Auction, Inc