- The On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special edition celebrates 50th Anniversary of the sixth James Bond film
- Olive Green DBS Superleggera inspired by the original 1969 Aston Martin DBS as featured in the movie
- First customer deliveries scheduled for Q4 2019
GAYDON, UK – May 22, 2019 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera is set to become the newest James Bond inspired car, thanks to the most recent collaboration between Aston Martin and EON Productions, the company that produces the James Bond films with Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of James Bond film, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, 50 On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special edition cars will be sold. Painted Olive Green to match the original 1969 Aston Martin DBS driven by James Bond in the movie, the new models will take the menacing road presence of the DBS Superleggera to a new level of brutish elegance.
It is 50 years since filming began for the sixth James Bond film, which told the story of Bond villain ‘Blofeld’ and his ongoing attempts to hold the world to ransom. The 1969 Aston Martin DBS provided James Bond with the perfect car for a man tasked with saving the world! Andy Palmer, Aston Martin Lagonda President and Group Chief Executive Officer, said: “Aston Martin is synonymous with James Bond and the DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service has provided great inspiration to the team tasked with creating this very special edition. This new DBS Superleggera will be an extremely distinguished ‘brute in a suit’, designed to capture the essence of the iconic DBS from the 1969 film but with a 5.2 litre twin-turbo V12, 715bhp engine!”
The 5.2-litre twin-turbo V12 engine is set low and as far back in the chassis as possible to optimise the centre-of-gravity and weight distribution, this high-performance engine develops 725PS at 6500rpm and 900Nm from 1800-5000rpm. Detailed tuning of the V12 together with an exhaust strategy with active valves and quad tail pipes ensures DBS Superleggera has a commanding and powerful sound character, particularly in the more aggressive dynamic modes, while retaining a level of refinement and civility that compliments its role as the consummate Super GT.
The special edition DBS Superleggera boasts carbon fibre, splitter, aero blade and unique diamond turned and forged wheels. A bespoke metal grille featuring six bright horizontal vanes, adorns the front of the limited-edition car to replicate the distinctive feature of the DBS featured in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. The exterior paint surface is enhanced with body coloured cantrails and roof. Bearing commemorative side strakes and unique touches throughout, the car is every inch ‘007’.
On the inside, the DBS Superleggera is trimmed in pure black leather, accented by grey blend Alcantra, as in the original 1969 DBS. The cockpit is accented in red, inspired by the red trimmed glovebox in the original car, which held 007’s telescopic-sight rifle.
The 50 owners of this James Bond Special Edition will have the option to select a bespoke designed drinks case* which fits perfectly into the boot space. In keeping with the theme, this accessory is the perfect complement to the exhibition worthy ‘Super GT’. The black drinks case opens via the bright metal clasp to reveal the matching red felt lined interior, with space for two bottles of champagne* and four champagne flutes.
Aston Martin Vice President & Chief Creative Officer Marek Reichman said: “Creating a James Bond special edition is always an exciting challenge as we work to create a car that embodies the legend of James Bond, and the original movie car. The DBS Superleggera is a muscular car that commands attention, but the Olive Green gives it a subtlety that belies the beast beneath.”
The On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special edition is the latest in a series of 007 inspired Aston Martins, which includes the Goldfinger DB5 continuation and the 2015 DB9 GT Bond Edition. Each of the 50 On Her Majesty’s Secret Service DBS Superleggera special editions will retail at £300,007.00, with first deliveries to customers commencing in Q4 2019.
OHMSS DBS Superleggera Specification
- Exterior Paint Colour: Olive Green
- Exterior Body Pack: 2×2 Gloss Carbon Fibre
- Front Grille: Bright Vane Grille
- Side strake: Polished Aluminium Side Strake, housed in 2×2 Twill Carbon Fibre
- Mirror Caps: Exterior Body Colour
- Roof Panel: Exterior Body Colour
- Roof Strake: Exterior Body Colour
- Rear diffuser: 2×2 Gloss Carbon Fibre with Painted Centre Section
- Wheels: 21” OHMSS Gloss Black DT
- Tyre: Pirelli P Zero
- Brake Calipers: Black
- Exhaust Tail Pipe Finisher: Quad (Bright Finishers)
- Exterior Badging: Heritage Enamel with Black infill front and rear
- Car Cover: Bespoke Olive Green Car cover
- Environment 1: Pure Black Leather
- Environment 2: Pure Black Leather
- Headlining and Cantrails: Grey Blend Alcantara with Fluted Headliner
- Welt & Stitch Colour: Spicy Red Leather
- Seat Embroidery: Spicy Red Aston Martin Wings Logo
- Seat Detailing: Bespoke OHMSS Micro Perforation with Fluting
- Steering Wheel: Q – Satin 2×2 Twill Carbon Fibre / Pure Black Leather
- Gearshift Paddles: Satin 2×2 Twill Red Tinted Carbon Fibre
- Trim Inlay :Dyed Tamo Open Pore
- Seat Back Veneer: Match to Leather
- Interior Jewellery: Dark Chrome with 2×2 Twill Satin Carbon Fibre
- Interior Sill Plaque: Bespoke OHMSS Sill Plaque
- Audio System: Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Audio with OHMSS Embroidery to Subwoofer Cover
- Stowage lining: Red Felt Lining
Additional Option Drinks Case (Not included in Design Specification, additional option to be charged to the customer)
Source: Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc