Earns first-ever All Star victory at Weedsport Speedway
WEEDSPORT, NY – June 11, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Just 24 hours after earning his first Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 victory of the 2018 season, Lemoore, California’s Carson Macedo dominated his way back to All Star victory lane, this time during action at the state-of-the-art Weedsport Speedway in Weedsport, N.Y., on Sunday, June 10. Much like his feature campaign on Saturday evening at Stateline Speedway, Macedo led all 35 circuits during main event competition at Weedsport, clinching a second consecutive $5,000 payday, as well as a third-career All Star victory.
To make things more impressive, Macedo crossed under the final checkers eight seconds ahead of eventual runner-up finisher, Paul McMahan, lapping up to the 15th position in the running order. Danny Dietrich finished third just behind McMahan, followed by Aaron Reutzel and a hard charging Parker Price-Miller, who advanced 13 positions to earn the evening’s MSD Performance Hard Charger Award.
The Weedsport Speedway appearance was a first-ever for the All Star Circuit of Champions.
“This is pretty unbelievable. What a weekend for this team,” Carson Macedo explained in Weedsport Speedway victory lane. “Tim and Cindy Norman, Joe Gaerte; they all do such an amazing job with this race team. The car keeps getting better and better. Our plan was to come to New York and be competitive all weekend, but to win two straight is pretty special. This is a perfect transition into Ohio Sprint Speedweek.”
Brock Zearfoss led the field to green on Sunday night at Weedsport Speedway. Unfortunately, Zearfoss found himself facing the wrong direction after entering turn one during the initial start, also collecting Dave Blaney. With two cars involved, the feature field was criss-crossed allowing Aaron Reutzel to inherit the top spot with Carson Macedo to his outside. Macedo took advantage of his inherited starting position and jumped to an early lead right from the drop of the green.
Although distracted by two additional cautions, one on lap 4 and another on lap 20, Macedo maintained control, actually extending his lead to just shy of two seconds by the time the feature’s second caution appeared on lap 20.
Perhaps, the most challenging segment of the 35-lapper took shape with just over ten circuits remaining. Relying on the very topside of the speedway to navigate the 4/10-mile, dirt oval, Macedo was faced with traffic stacking up two and three cars wide, ultimately forcing Macedo to rely on the bottom, as well as the middle to maneuver through lapped cars. Although challenging as first, Macedo’s technique through traffic was flawless, instantly bouncing back to a four second lead with five circuits remaining, increasing to eight by lap 35.
With their first New York swing of the season in the books, the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will switch gears and begin preparations for a nine-day campaign in the Buckeye State. The 2018 edition of Ohio Sprint Speedweek will feature nine straight days of sprint car competition, comprised of eight different facilities throughout all four corners of Ohio. Atomic Speedway in Chillicothe will host Tony Stewart’s All Stars twice during Ohio Sprint Speedweek, with Attica Raceway Park, Eldora Speedway, Waynesfield Raceway Park, Wayne County Speedway, Sharon Speedway, Muskingum County Speedway, and Limaland Motorsports Park each hosting the Series once.
More information pertaining to Ohio Sprint Speedweek will be posted during the next few days. Fans are encouraged to stay alert online and on social media.
Contingency Awards/Results: Weedsport Speedway – Sunday, June 10, 2018:
EMi Driver’s Meeting: 28 entries
State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Cale Conley – 14.362 seconds
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Cale Conley – 14.357 seconds
Ford Performance Heat #1: Justin Barger
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Carson Macedo
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Paul McMahan
JE Pistons Dash #1: Brock Zearfoss
Classic Ink USA B-Main: Jac Haudenschild
Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Carson Macedo
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Parker Price-Miller (+13)
(Lincoln Electric, Daido Engine Bearings, MSD Performance: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 7K-Cale Conley, 14.357; 2. 3-Jac Haudenschild, 14.465; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 14.500; 4. 5-Justin Barger, 14.611; 5. 10H-Chad Kemenah, 14.756; 6. 99L-Larry Wight, 14.878; 7. 51-John Garvin, 14.979; 8. O7-Gerard McIntyre, 15.186; 9. 35-Tyler Esh, 15.602; 10. 4-Parker Price-Miller, 16.584
1. 70-Dave Blaney, 14.779; 2. 14-Tony Stewart, 14.779; 3. 3G-Carson Macedo, 14.821; 4. 47X-Dylan Westbrook, 14.897; 5. 44-Trey Starks, 15.061; 6. 5W-Lucas Wolfe, 15.128; 7. 14C-Coleman Gulick, 15.171; 8. 11-Ryan Smith, 15.182; 9. 98T-Joe Trenca, 15.403
1. 27-Greg Hodnett, 14.880; 2. 48-Danny Dietrich, 14.892; 3. 13-Paul McMahan, 14.910; 4. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss, 14.993; 5. 10-Joe Kata, 15.169; 6. 33-Mike Mahaney, 15.235; 7. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 15.278; 8. 98-Carl Bowser, 15.683; 9. 97au-Mitchell Wormall, 16.048
Heat #1 – Group (A) (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 5-Justin Barger ; 2. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 99L-Larry Wight ; 4. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 5. 7K-Cale Conley ; 6. 4-Parker Price-Miller ; 7. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 8. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 9. 35-Tyler Esh ; 10. 51-John Garvin 
Heat #2 – Group (B) (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 2. 70-Dave Blaney ; 3. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 4. 44-Trey Starks ; 5. 14C-Coleman Gulick ; 6. 14-Tony Stewart ; 7. 98T-Joe Trenca ; 8. 11-Ryan Smith ; 9. 47X-Dylan Westbrook 
Heat #3 – Group (C) (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 13-Paul McMahan ; 2. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 3. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 4. 33-Mike Mahaney ; 5. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 6. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 7. 10-Joe Kata ; 8. 97AU-Mitchell Wormall ; 9. 98-Carl Bowser 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 2. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 6. 70-Dave Blaney ; 7. 5-Justin Barger ; 8. 7K-Cale Conley 
B-Main (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 2. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 3. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 4. 10-Joe Kata ; 5. 98T-Joe Trenca ; 6. 97AU-Mitchell Wormall ; 7. 11-Ryan Smith ; 8. 51-John Garvin ; 9. 35-Tyler Esh ; 10. 98-Carl Bowser 
A-Main (35 Laps)
1. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 2. 13-Paul McMahan ; 3. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. 4-Parker Price-Miller ; 6. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 7. 14-Tony Stewart ; 8. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 9. 33-Mike Mahaney ; 10. 99L-Larry Wight ; 11. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 12. 44-Trey Starks ; 13. 14C-Coleman Gulick ; 14. 10-Joe Kata ; 15. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 16. 7K-Cale Conley ; 17. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 18. 11-Ryan Smith ; 19. 98T-Joe Trenca ; 20. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 21. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 22. 97AU-Mitchell Wormall ; 23. 5-Justin Barger ; 24. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 25. 70-Dave Blaney  Lap Leaders: Carson Macedo (1-30)
2018 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings: (after 6/10/2018)
- Aaron Reutzel – 1586
- Carson Macedo – 1564
- Chad Kemenah – 1550
- Jac Haudenschild – 1544
- Parker Price-Miller – 1492
- Dave Blaney – 1456
- Cale Conley – 1344
- Carl Bowser – 1328
- Paul McMahan – 1324
- Brandon Spithaler – 1322
About the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first ‘outlaw’ Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015. In 2018, MAVTV Motorsports Network will be the official television home of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 and will broadcast eight high-profile events.
About Arctic Cat
For more than 50 years, the Arctic Cat snowmobile brand has stood as one of the most widely recognized and respected in the industry. Today Arctic Cat’s snowmobile product lines span more than 50 different models, with offerings for every style of riding, from trail-riding with the family, to long-distance touring with friends, to mountain sleds to handle the most severe backcountry conditions. For more information, visit: www.arcticcat.com.
About Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off Road™, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, Douglas™, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Mobil 1
he world’s leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Source: All Star Enterprises, LLC