New-generation CB family grows with introduction of second Neo-Sports Café-inspired motorcycle to U.S. lineup
TORRANCE, CA – April 6, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – American Honda’s wide-ranging lineup of small-displacement, user-friendly models continues to flourish with today’s announcement that the CB300R will be offered to U.S. customers. Originally unveiled in November at Milan’s EICMA motorcycle show, the model shares the same Neo-Sports Café aesthetic as the CB1000R. Pared down to the essentials, it embodies motorcycling culture and urban fun, simultaneously honoring the CB line’s unrivaled heritage and embracing the future in a way that appeals to younger riders. The bold design is supported by capable performance, thanks to Honda’s proven 286cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine and an entirely new tubular and pressed-steel frame. The CB300R also boasts premium features like an available inertial measurement unit-based ABS, LCD display, and full LED lighting.
“We’re excited to announce that the CB300R will be hitting U.S. showroom floors this year alongside the recently announced CB1000R, with which this new model shares its Neo-Sports Café styling,” said Lee Edmunds, American Honda’s Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications. “Honda is committed to offering customers a wide range of models that offer solid performance but are also rich in character and tap into the emotional element of riding. Motorcycling is an exercise in enjoyment, and with the CB300R, that feeling is now accessible to an even wider range of riders, with the added benefit of increased performance.”
- Colors: Chromosphere Red; Matte Gray Metallic
- Availability: July 2018
- CB300R ABS: $4,949
- CB300R: $4,649
- Tubular and pressed-steel frame offers optimized strength and reduced weight
- Swingarm designed to provide high longitudinal rigidity and control torsion without being harsh or heavy, for confidence-inspiring feel while cornering
- 41mm inverted fork offers smooth ride with compliant damping and supple spring rate
- Lightweight aluminum wheels underpin Neo Sports Café styling and aid in lightweight handling
- New intake and exhaust design reduce air resistance, contributing to more linear throttle response
- User-friendly, 313 pound curb weight (317 pounds with ABS) attained through strenuous weight-saving measures
- 31.5-inch seat height provides great sense of control
- Radial-mount Nissin 4-piston front brake caliper with 296mm floating disc provides optimum stopping power
- Blacked-out hardware compliments Neo-Sports Café styling elements
- Lightweight, full-function LCD display adds a premium feel
- All-LED lighting brings modern flare to retro styling
ABOUT AMERICAN HONDA
American Honda Motor Co., Inc., is the sole distributor of Honda motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and Side-by-Sides in the U.S. American Honda’s Motorcycle Division conducts the sales, marketing and operational activities for these products through independent authorized Honda retail dealers. For more information on Honda products, go to powersports.honda.com.
Source: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.