Zach Osborne Regains Eastern Regional 250SX Class Points Lead With Dominant Victory
ST. LOUIS, MO – March 18, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, returned to St. Louis for Round 11 of the 2018 season in front of 53,238 fans inside The Dome at America’s Center.
Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Eli Tomac left the St. Patrick’s Day field green with envy leading from the start in the 450SX Main Event to capture his fifth win of the season. Tomac led all 27 laps and finished over 20 seconds ahead of Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson in second.
“From the start of the day, I just felt like I was on. There’s days where you’re just on. I felt awesome all day,” Tomac said after the finish. “I left my motorcycle alone tonight, went out there, pulled the holeshot and ran away with it…These are the nights we like.”
Team Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Marvin Musquin rode to a solid third ahead of Smartop/Bullfrog Spas/Honda’s Justin Brayton who started seventh and worked his way up to fourth by the checkers.
In the 250SX Class Main Event, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Zach Osborne grabbed the holeshot ahead of Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Austin Forkner who hucked a huge quad on the first lap and looked to run away with the win, leading 10 laps, until getting tangled with a lapper and handing Osborne the lead and eventual win.
“I got a really good start finally; that’s what I’ve been needing all year,” Osborne said on the podium. “It’s just been a matter of me going out there and executing my start, so tonight I did that in the Main Event finally…I’m just super happy to take this win here in St. Louis. It feels amazing. I love this dirt. This stadium is awesome and loud.”
Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM’s Jordon Smith put in a solid ride battling up from a ninth place start to finish third ahead of Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing’s Kyle Peters in fourth with Forkner in fifth.
For official race results, please visit results.amasupercross.com.
450SX Class Results
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna
- Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM
- Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda
- Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Suzuki
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM
- Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna
- Christian Craig, Orange, Calif., Honda
- Malcolm Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Suzuki
450SX Class Championship Standings
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna (246)
- Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM (204)
- Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda (189)
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki (186)
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM (181)
- Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Suzuki (171)
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM (147)
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha (146)
- Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (124)
- Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna (115)
Eastern Regional 250SX Class Results
- Zach Osborne, Abingdon, Va., Husqvarna
- Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda
- Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., KTM
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Suzuki
- Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki
- Brandon Hartranft, Brick, N.J., Yamaha
- Luke Renzland, Hewitt, N.J., Yamaha
- Michael Mosiman, Sebastopol, Calif., KTM
- Sean Cantrell, Murrieta, Calif., KTM
- Thomas Ramette, Guilherand, France, Yamaha
Eastern Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
- Zach Osborne, Abingdon, Va., Husqvarna (115)
- Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki (107)
- Jordon Smith, Belmont, N.C., KTM (102)
- Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda (93)
- Luke Renzland, Hewitt, N.J., Yamaha (71)
- Kyle Peters, Greensboro, N.C., Suzuki (70)
- RJ Hampshire, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Honda (57)
- Sean Cantrell, Murrieta, Calif., KTM, (56)
- Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha (54)
- Martin Davalos, Clermont, Fla., Kawasaki (53)
The 2018 Monster Energy Supercross season continues next Saturday, March 24, with Round 12 inside Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Watch the action live on FS1 at 6:30 p.m. ET.
For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, please log onto SupercrossLIVE.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross, or follow via social channels:
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that uplift the human spirit and bring people together. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Sesame Street Live! and Marvel Universe LIVE! Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
About the American Motorcyclist Association
Founded in 1924, the AMA is a not-for-profit member-based association whose mission is to promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling. As the world’s largest motorcycling rights and event sanctioning organization, the AMA advocates for riders’ interests at all levels of government and sanctions thousands of competition and recreational events every year. The AMA also provides money-saving discounts on products and services for its members. Through the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Pickerington, Ohio, the AMA honors the heroes and heritage of motorcycling. For more information, visit www.americanmotorcyclist.com.
Source: Feld Entertainment, Inc.