Defending Champion Ryan Breece Claims
First Lites West Class Win
DENVER, CO – March 18, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – AMSOIL Arenacross hosted its third-annual Military Appreciation race inside the Denver Coliseum for Round 7 of the 2018 season. TiLube Rockford Fosgate Honda’s Chris Blose won his first 250AX overall of the season and defending Arenacross Lites West champion, Ryan Breece, won the opening round of the Lites West season.
The night started out with two restarts in the heat races, one of which the 250AX points leader, Jacob Hayes, did not finish, forcing him to the 250AX Last Chance Qualifier where he finished third, not qualifying to compete in the 250AX Main Events and losing the points lead heading into the points reset.
The first 250AX Main Event saw Blose out front right from the start and although he led all 15 laps, the win did not come easy as Team Babbitt’s Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Gavin Faith stayed within a second of his sight the entire main event.
The second main event saw Blose out front again, with TZR Woodstock KTM’s Daniel Herrlein and Faith in tow. A few laps into the race, Faith made the pass stick on Herrlein to secure second place. Just over the halfway point, Faith made the move on Blose in the turn after the whoops and took over the lead and went on to take the second main event victory with Blose and Herrlein finishing second and third.
The overall 250AX Main Event winner was determined because of the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Head 2 Head Challenge victory, which was won by Blose. By Blose securing that additional championship point, he took the overall win in Denver; Faith finished second and Herrlein third.
The AX Lites West season kicked off in Denver and defending champion, GPF Babbitt’s Online rider Ryan Breece, stormed out of the gate and led all 15 laps. Breece’s teammate, Isaac Teasdale, worked his way up from a mid-pack start to finish second and Plumbing Plus’ Kevin Moranz also worked his way from a mid-pack start to finish on the podium with a third.
Round 7 was of large significance to the 250AX riders as the points have officially reset for the top 10, and now only nine points separate points leader Gavin Faith from Travis Sewell, who sits in tenth.
250AX Class Main Event Results
- Chris Blose, Phoenix, Ariz. (1-2)
- Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa (2-1)
- Daniel Herrlein, Bethesda, Ohio (4-3)
- Isaac Teasdale, Robbinsville, N.C. (6-4)
- Kyle Bitterman, Pelzer, S.C. (5-6)
- Ryan Breece, Athol, Idaho (8-5)
- Travis Sewell, Westville, Ind. (7-7)
- Gared Steinke, Auburn, Calif. (3-13)
- Kevin Moranz, Topeka, Kan. (9-8)
- Lane Staley, Chillicothe, Ohio (10-10)
250AX Class Championship Standings
- Gavin Faith, Duncombe, Iowa, Kawasaki (10)
- Chris Blose, Phoenix, Ariz., Honda (9)
- Jacob Hayes, Greensboro, N.C., Kawasaki (8)
- Gared Steinke, Woodland, Calif., Kawasaki (7)
- Kyle Bitterman, West Pelzer, S.C., Kawasaki (6)
- Daniel Herrlein, Bethesda, Ohio, KTM (5)
- Shane Sewell, Westville, Ind., Kawasaki (4)
- Jacob Williamson, Swartz Creek, Mich., Kawasaki (3)
- Heath Harrison, Silverhill, Ala., Honda (2)
- Travis Sewell, Westville, Ind., Kawasaki (1)
AX Lites West Class Main Event Results
- Ryan Breece, Athol, Idaho, Kawasaki
- Isaac Teasdale, Robbinsville, N.C., Kawasaki
- Kevin Moranz, Topeka, Kan., KTM
- Carson Brown, Ravensdale, Wash., Honda
- Preston Taylor, Hastings, Neb., Kawaski
- Casey Brennen, Albuquerque, N.M., Yamaha
- Rookie White, Winchester, Calif., Yamaha
- Jake McKinney, Hamersville, Ohio, Kawasaki
- Dawson Newby, Eaton, Colo., KTM
- Hunter Hilton, Youngsville, La., Husqvarna
AMSOIL Arenacross highlights – Photos
AMSOIL Arenacross post-race interview with 250AX overall winner, Chris Blose – Video
The 2018 AMSOIL Arenacross season heads to Florence, South Carolina for Round 6 on February 17. To purchase tickets for AMSOIL Arenacross, visit Arenacross.com. Follow the sport on its social channels:
About Feld Entertainment, Inc.
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that uplift the human spirit and bring people together. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Sesame Street Live! and Marvel Universe LIVE! Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
About the American Motorcyclist Association
Founded in 1924, the AMA is a not-for-profit member-based association whose mission is to promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling. As the world’s largest motorcycling rights and event sanctioning organization, the AMA advocates for riders’ interests at all levels of government and sanctions thousands of competition and recreational events every year. The AMA also provides money-saving discounts on products and services for its members. Through the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Pickerington, Ohio, the AMA honors the heroes and heritage of motorcycling. For more information, visit www.americanmotorcyclist.com.
Source: Feld Entertainment, Inc.