- RM Auctions to offer the remarkable cars and collectibles from the collection of the esteemed Mr. Michael Dingman, weekend of 22 June
- Held in Hampton, New Hampshire, the two-day sale will see over 700 lots offered entirely without reserve
- Collection features exceptional flathead Ford woodies, a fully functional vintage diner and bar, as well as hundreds of rare original neon and porcelain
- signs, parts, displays, collectibles, and more
- Event information and all lots will be available at www.rmsothebys.com in the coming weeks
BLENHEIM, ONTARIO, CANADA – March 14, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – RM Auctions is honored to announce that it will present the conclusion of The Dingman Collection, comprising the remarkable cars and collectibles of the esteemed Mr. Michael Dingman, entirely without reserve. Set for the weekend of 22 June 2018 in Hampton, New Hampshire, the sale follows RM Auctions’ previous successful offering of pieces from the Dingman Collection in both 2006 and 2012. Located a short drive from both Manchester, Boston and their airports, the collection is surrounded by idyllic New England townships and represents much of this Americana in its contents.
The RM Sotheby’s Group has long been the auction house of choice for the sale of important private and estate collections, with a reputation for offering collections that are particularly unique in terms of quality and presentation. The Dingman Collection certainly continues this tradition. Longtime Ford Motor Company director Michael Dingman had an abiding passion for the company’s iconic flathead V-8 models, as well as an eye for the most exquisite original neon signs and other nostalgia representing the great American Century. Complementing the group of approximately 25 exceptional cars on offer are over 700 lots of fascinating collectibles and automobilia.
“The Dingman Collection will be sold in its entirely this summer, and enthusiasts familiar with Mr. Dingman’s passion for Fords and his expertise in discerning the very best of the best will surely agree that the collection’s superlative reputation precedes itself,” says Mike Fairbairn, Car Specialist, RM Sotheby’s Group. “Mr. Dingman had an eye for authenticity and purity, with the goal of presenting cars in as-new condition, as they would have appeared on the showroom floor in period. RM Auctions is honored to offer this carefully chosen and perfectly maintained collection, the final word in quality from one of the most important Ford collectors of modern times.”
Featured highlights from The Dingman Collection include:
- The very best flathead Ford woodies, with emphasis on as-new restorations and rare original features such as birds-eye maple bodywork;
- A fully functioning and professionally restored diner, formerly known as the Pole Tavern Diner and situated on U.S. Highway 40 in New Jersey. It has been extensively researched with period imagery and was faithfully restored in the Dingman Collection for private use on the family estate. Fully outfitted with cooking and service equipment and an adjoining functional kitchen, it will be offered for sale with removal, transportation, and installation guidance from RM Auctions;
- A beautifully ornate bar, for which RM Auctions will also provide guidance on removal and installation;
- Hundreds of rare, original neon signs, highlighting not only Ford Motor Company history, but all manner of early Americana, from diner ephemera to petroliana, hospitality, and retail; and,
- Hundreds of rare porcelain signs, countless collectibles, parts, original cutaway engine displays, automotive literature, and more.
Complete event details and a list of all items offered in The Dingman Collection will be available at www.rmsothebys.com in the coming weeks. To speak with a specialist or to register to bid for this exceptional opportunity, please call RM Auctions at +1 519 352 4575.
All images credited to Darin Schnabel © 2018 Courtesy of RM Sotheby’s
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles. With more than 35 years’ experience in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from private treaty sales and auctions (including both RM Sotheby’s and RM Auctions events) to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby’s, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit www.rmsothebys.com.
Source: RM Sotheby’s