Now Available for select new 2018 Softails from Harley Davidson®
November 27, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Saddlemen’s new Step Up LS™ for 2018 Harley Davidson® Softails® was created specifically for a single purpose: create a saddle that keeps the rider in position and on the saddle under nearly all dynamic conditions. A specially designed lumbar support provides the ergonomics to keep the rider locked into place without comprising control or comfort for rider or passenger.
The Step-Up LS uses Saddlemen’s proprietary High Impact UltraFOAM™. Years of research and development has led to Saddlemen’s UltraFOAM™ formulated to create a perfect balance of rigidity and rider compliance; both required for control and enhancing comfort. This process creates encapsulated cell structures with an element-resistant self-skinning foam that seals against moisture and the elements to enhance durability. Combined with Saddlemen’s exclusive GEL-Core™ Technology, the time spent comfortably riding increases dramatically. Gel-Core™ is engineered to dampen, divert, and deflect energy to create a smooth, therapeutic ride. High Impact Ultra Foam and GelCore are co-molded to reduces engine vibration by up to 50%, and direct impact forces by up to 92 %. Why does Saddlemen™ use these innovative but costly materials and manufacturing process? Simple – to add hours and hours of comfortable riding time to every ride!
The Step Up LS™ is not only provides comfort, control and confidence, it presents a unique style that enhances the motorcycle, adding an edgy, aggressive look. The seat is covered with a retro style lattice stitch to infuse old school looks with a modern day twist and is available in black or brown.
All Saddlemen™ seats are designed, tested, and built exclusively in the USA. American made quality and craftsmanship is something we take very seriously since 1987 at the Long Beach, California manufacturing facility. Every detail, every stitch, and every step of the process from raw materials to the final product has been carefully considered and inspected to insure that Saddlemen’s™ standards for quality, craftsmanship and comfort are continuously upheld. Every rider can actually feel and experience the Quality, Craftsmanship, and Comfort built into every saddle
Saddlemen™ remains America’s first choice when upgrading a motorcycle seat; Saddlemen recognizes that every different body, and every bike, is built a little different and that sometimes even the best motorcycle seat may not meet everyone’s comfort expectations. Unlike other seat companies, Saddlemen will help make it right. If for some reason a customer is not completely satisfied with their new seat just call 800-397-7709 and a friendly Product Specialist will gladly assist.
- Available with black or brown covers
- UltraFOAM™ High Impact Formula engineered to create a perfect balance of rigidity and user compliance utilizing an element-resistant self-skinning process protecting against the elements and contamination for enhanced durability and comfort.
- Designed with exclusive ergonomics to keep the rider locked into place for the highest level of control available in an aftermarket Harley-Davidson® seat.
- The unique Co-Molding manufacturing process is the largest advancement in motorcycle Control and comfort since the introduction of suspension.
- Stylish retro style lattice stitch infuses old school looks with a modern day twist; show bike styling.
- Designed and made in the U.S.A.
- GelCore™ Technology featuring driver and passenger SaddleGel™ to reduce tailbone pressure for increased circulation and comfort.
- Driver 13.75” length x 10.25” wide x 6.25 Lumbar Height
- Passenger 13.75” Length x 7” wide x 29” overall length
Saddlemen seats are available at most local motorcycle shops served through Drag Specialties, a leading distributor of accessories and parts for Harley Davidson® motorcycles. Call Saddlemen at 800-397-7709 or visit http://www.saddlemen.com/ . Prices: $459.00 in black or $485.00 in brown
Models: Deluxe FLDE, Softail Slim FLSL, Street Bob FXBB, Heritage Classic FLHC/FLHCS
Seat: Step Up LS
Part Number: 818-30-172 Black Cover with Black Stitching, 818-30-172BR Brown Cover with Black Stitching
17801 So Susana Rd, Compton, CA 90221
Source: Saddlemen Motorcycle Seats and Components