Season Kicks Off Double-Header in Salt Lake City: Round 16 on Sat., April 24 and Round 17 on Sat., May 1, on NBCSN
STAMFORD, CT – April 21, 2021 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The 2021 Monster Energy Supercross season continues this Saturday, April 24 with Round 16 from Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah, live at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Saturday kicks off a two-week residency in Salt Lake City with the season finale Round 17 taking place Saturday, May 1 at 10 p.m. ET.
Host, Daniel Blair joins Ricky Carmichael in the booth for the play by play of Round 16.
- Play by Play: Daniel Blair
- Analyst: Ricky Carmichael
- Reporters: Will Christien, Jeremy Albrecht
HOW TO WATCH
- TV – NBCSN
- Streaming – Peacock, NBCSports.com, and NBC Sports app
Peacock Premium, the new streaming home of Supercross, provides live and commercial-free coverage of qualifiers and races as well as on-demand replays.
|April 24||Monster Energy Supercross – Qualifying (Live)||Peacock||1 pm|
|Monster Energy Supercross – Event (Live)||NBCSN, Peacock, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app||7 pm|
*also streams live on Peacock Premium
- Event Headlines: In the three-race finale at Atlanta Motor Speedway, 450SX Class standings leader Cooper Webb (339 pts) rallied for his seventh victory of the season in Round 15 and defeated second-place finisher and Round 14 winner Ken Roczen (323 pts). With only a pair of races remaining this season, defending champion Eli Tomac (299 pts) rounds out the current top three in the closely contested 450SX standings. The Eastern Regional 250SX Class returns in Salt Lake City, with teammates Colt Nichols and Christian Craig atop the points standings, separated by only eight points.
- Viewership: The opening race from Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday, April 10, on NBC ranked as the most-watched live Supercross race of the season with an average Total Audience Delivery (TAD) of 600,000 viewers. The race also totaled the highest reach for a Supercross telecast this season (1.76 million), surpassing this season’s other NBC broadcast (1.63 million, 1/31/21).
For more information, visit SupercrossLIVE.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross, or follow via social channels:
About Monster Energy Supercross:
Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is the most competitive and highest-profile off-road motorcycle racing championship on the planet. Founded in America and sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in 1974, Supercross is currently co-sanctioned by the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the official global governing body for motorcycle racing, thus making it a formal World Championship. Over 17 weeks and a million-dollar All-Star Race, Supercross attracts some of the largest and most impressive crowds inside the most recognizable and prestigious stadiums in North America to race in front of nearly one million live fans and broadcast to millions more worldwide. For more information, visit SupercrossLIVE.com.
About Feld Entertainment, Inc.:
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, DreamWorks Trolls The Experience and Jurassic World Live Tour. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
About NBC Sports Group:
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine, and a direct-to-consumer product NBC Sports Gold. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
Source: Feld Entertainment, Inc.