Overwhelming Industry Support For Debut Event
IRVINE, CA – February 25, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Fourteen teams have signed on the dotted line to compete in the inaugural Drag Specialties King of the Baggers invitational event that will be part of the MotoAmerica Superbike Speedfest at Monterey at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, July 10-12, with the grid now full for the exhibition race.
Fourteen teams have committed to racing in the inaugural Drag Specialties King of the Baggers invitational at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
“It’s been really cool to see how well the King of the Baggers invitational has been received since we made the announcement,” said MotoAmerica’s Senior Sponsorship Manager Lance Bryson. “The guys over at Drag Specialties have really stepped up with our event at Laguna and we’ve got a lot of great companies building tricked-out Performance Baggers for the race. It’s going to be a lot of fun and we think our fans are going to like what they see with this and the rest of the cool stuff we have planned for the Superbike Speedfest at Monterey.”
The list of invited teams set to participate in the Drag Specialties King of the Baggers:
- Alloy Art – maker of custom motorcycle products
- Barnett Tool & Engineering – clutches and cables
- Bassani – motorcycle exhaust systems
- Feuling Parts – performance products for Harleys
- Legends Suspension – front and rear suspension products
- MJK – innovators of aftermarket products
- Roland Sands Design – bike builder, aftermarket parts and apparel
- Performance Machine – motorcycle brakes and wheels
- Saddlemen – motorcycle seats and saddlebags
- S&S – American motorcycle engines and parts
- SLYFOX Performance – high-performance motorcycle parts
- The Speed Merchant – custom motorcycle builder
- Trask – maker of the motorcycle turbo kits
- Vance Hines – manufacturer of motorcycle exhaust and performance products
The teams will be announcing their riders in the coming weeks.
“In all my years of working in the motorcycle industry, I have never been to Laguna Seca,” said Brandon Holstein, owner/builder of The Speed Merchant. “So, I am beyond excited to be going for the first time and being a part of the first ever Drag Specialties King of the Baggers race.”
Alex Fox, founder of SLYFOX Performance, added: “I’m honored to have my brand be a part of this first-ever event of this magnitude. That Corkscrew section will be something to keep an eye on. This day will be one for the history books.”
“This is for the fans and for the brands who love to build and ride – racing is part of Saddlemen’s heritage, and we’re honored to be on the starting grid with our moto family,” said David Echert of Saddlemen.
To purchase tickets for all MotoAmerica events, click HERE
For information on how to watch the MotoAmerica Series, click HERE
MotoAmerica is the North American road racing series created in 2014 that is home to the AMA Superbike Championship. MotoAmerica is an affiliate of KRAVE Group LLC, a partnership that includes three-time 500cc World Champion, two-time AMA Superbike Champion, and AMA Hall of Famer Wayne Rainey, ex-racer and former manager of Team Roberts Chuck Aksland, motorsports marketing executive Terry Karges, and businessman Richard Varner. For more information on MotoAmerica, visit www.MotoAmerica.com. Also make sure to follow MotoAmerica on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.