OFFERED ENTIRELY WITHOUT RESERVE
ALONGSIDE THE LIVE ABU DHABI SALE
COLLECTION OPENS FOR BIDDING ON
22 NOVEMBER THROUGH TO 2 DECEMBER 2019 ON RMSOTHEBYS.COM
- RM Sotheby’s announces ‘Online Only: Formula 1® Memorabilia’ sale featuring over 100 exceptional lots, ranging from model cars to race team attire worn by legendary Formula 1® drivers, including Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher
- Offered entirely without reserve, bidding opens at 1:00 pm ET on Friday 22 November, and will run through to Monday, 2 December at 1:00 pm ET
- Additional information available at rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, ONTARIO, CANADA – November 19, 2019 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – RM Sotheby’s is pleased to present the latest sale in its new online series, the Online Only: Formula 1 Memorabilia auction, offered entirely without reserve on rmsothebys.com. In celebration of the auction house’s inaugural sale at the FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019 organized in partnership with Formula 1 (30 November), the online collectibles sale will be held concurrently with the live auction, offering complementary pieces.
Hosted on RM Sotheby’s new online auction platform, the sale will offer 103 exceptional lots, ranging from large-scale handmade models, to racing helmets and suits, with a particular emphasis on the late 1980s, and early 1990s and 2000s, as well as the legendary achievements of FIA Formula One World Championship drivers, Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher. Bidding for the collection will open at 1:00 pm ET on Friday, 22 November, and will run through Monday, 2 December at 1:00 pm ET.
Stand out highlights within the Online Only: Formula 1® Memorabilia collection include:
- A McLaren Honda Signed Helmet, 1988 (Est. $50,000 – $70,000) and McLaren Honda Racing Suit, 1988 (Est. $10,000 – $20,000) believed to be worn in the first championship year of three-time FIA Formula 1 Drivers’ World Champion, Ayrton Senna;
- Michael Schumacher’s Ferrari Signed Helmet from the 1998 FIA Formula One World Championship, in which he placed second (Est. $15,000 – $20,000), as well as his Ferrari Signed Helmet from the 2001 Formula 1 season (Est. $15,000 – $20,000);
- A Michael Schumacher Racing Suit from 1996, his first year with Ferrari, presented in display by OMP Racing (Est. $10,000 – $20,000);
- Designed by Paolo Martinelli, an 800+ hp, 3.0-liter, naturally aspirated Ferrari Tipo 051/B/C engine, built to power one of the most successful Formula 1 cars of all time, the F2002 (Est. $50,000 – $70,000);
- Numerous Amalgam 1:8 scale models, including a Michael Schumacher 2001 Ferrari F2001 Model, the 39th of 100 built by Amalgam, and featuring the livery as driven by Schumacher to victory at the FORMULA 1 MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX 2001 (Est. $4,000 – $6,000).
“This remarkable group of collectibles represents the groundbreaking moments of modern Formula 1 racing,” said Barney Ruprecht, Car Specialist, RM Sotheby’s. “We are very excited to offer F1 fans and enthusiasts the chance to acquire their very own piece of motorsport and automotive history via our new digital auction platform.”
Each lot offered via the Online Only: Formula 1® Memorabilia auction has been inspected in RM Sotheby’s care and will be collected by all successful bidders from RM Sotheby’s Detroit, Michigan facilities unless otherwise noted. Shipping arrangements can be made via third parties to have the items collected from Detroit. The auction is governed by RM Sotheby’s Bidders’ Terms and Conditions.
Additional information and bidder registration are available at rmsothebys.com.
FOR MORE NEWS FROM RM SOTHEBY’S: #RMSothebys #RMOnline #RMF1
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest collector car auction house by total sales. With 40 years of proven results in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from auctions and private sales to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM Sotheby’s is currently responsible for six of the top ten most valuable motor cars ever sold at auction. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby’s, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit rmsothebys.com.
Source: RM Sotheby’s