GROUP OF SEVEN LOW-MILEAGE PERFORMANCE CARS LED BY FERRARI FXX
ADDITIONAL MODERN SUPERCARS FROM TOP MARQUES JOIN THE LINEUP
- RM Sotheby’s continues the Monterey sale momentum as it announces the addition of The Ming Collection, comprised of seven incredibly low-mileage Ferrari performance and supercars
- Leading the Collection is a seldom-seen 2006 Ferrari FXX, essentially still “in the wrapper”
- Additional supercar highlights from other private collections include a Metallic Orange Porsche Carrera GT, a Grigio Ferro LaFerrari, a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, and an Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Volante
- RM Sotheby’s Monterey sale extends to three nights for 2019, kicking off with ‘An Evening with Aston Martin’ on 15 August
- Event information and updated list of entries for Monterey available at rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, ONTARIO, CANADA – June 14, 2019 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – RM Sotheby’s is pleased to announce that it will present cars from The Ming Collection, an exceptional group of seven incredibly low-mileage Ferrari performance and supercars, as part of its flagship Monterey sale, 15-17 August, at the Monterey Conference Center.
Comprised nearly entirely of single-owner cars, the star of the Ming Collection is a 2006 Ferrari FXX, a one-of-30, track-only developmental prototype based on the Enzo, presented from its original owner and representing the first example to come to public market in several years. Essentially still “in the wrapper”, the FXX is finished in Rosso Scuderia with white stripes and has been recently serviced. The FXX has been on the track just once at Fiorano during the FXX delivery event at the Ferrari factory in Italy and is offered complete with three FXX Programme travel cases containing factory track support equipment as well as an unused factory race suit and helmet (Est. $2,850,000 – $3,250,000).
Joining the FXX is a 1991 Ferrari F40 with the lauded Ferrari Classiche Certification confirming its fully matching-numbers status. Coming from just two owners and having joined The Ming Collection nearly 20 years ago, the F40 has covered just 1,705 miles since new (Est. $1,500,000 – $1,800,000).
The remaining five cars in the Collection are finished in classic Rosso Corsa and are offered entirely without reserve. Sure to turn heads is a 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi, a highlight of the group since 2005. Having been recently serviced and still wearing its original plastic delivery film on the door sills, the 512 BBi comes to auction showing just 2,500 miles and presenting in excellent, as-new condition (Est. $350,000 – $425,000, without reserve). Also on offer is a 4,000-mile 1985 Ferrari 308 GTSi, sold new from Hollywood Sports Cars in California to the original owner, before joining The Ming Collection in 2013 (Est. $100,000 – $150,000, without reserve).
Additional prancing horses include a custom-ordered 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 with tan interior, purchased new by the Ming Collection (Est. $200,000 – $250,000, without reserve), a 2013 Ferrari 458 Spider fitted with a host of desirable custom options including Novitec lowering springs, Akrapovic exhaust, and Escort iX Ci radar detector with custom carbon fiber dash pods (Est. $225,000 – $275,000, without reserve), and, rounding out the group is a 1997 Ferrari 355 Spider that joined the collection in 2007 and today shows just 704 miles on the odometer (Est.$125,000 – $150,000, without reserve).
After visiting the Ming Collection, Gord Duff, Global Head of Auctions, RM Sotheby’s, said: “The quality and originality of the Ming Collection is absolutely incredible. Every single car in the group is nearly better than new and the meticulous level of care that has gone into maintaining these cars is outstanding. You’d be hard-pressed to find any of these models in better condition. Ferrari FXX models rarely come up for auction, and it is an especially rare opportunity to find one that has never been raced yet has been so well cared for. Add the lineup of additional low-mileage supercars finished in gorgeous, rarely-seen colors and our Monterey sale is like a toy store for enthusiasts of modern performance.”
Outside of The Ming Collection, RM Sotheby’s Monterey auction will feature several additional sought-after hyper- and supercar highlights:
- An as-new 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari, one of the first examples delivered to the U.S. Finished in stunning Grigio Ferro, the hypercar is equipped with a hybrid V-12 engine and shows a mere 400 miles from new (Est. $3,000,000 – $3,400,000);
- A pair of 2005 Porsche Carrera GT models including a unique example finished in paint-to-sample Metallic Orange. Offered without reserve, this virtually as-new car is the only model finished in its color, shows just delivery mileage on the odometer, and is accompanied by a full luggage set, as well as its original books and window sticker (Est. $1,200,000 – $1,500,000, without reserve). The second Carrera GT—also offered without reserve—reads just 5050 miles on the odometer, is finished in the iconic GT Silver Metallic over Ascot Brown leather interior, and is also accompanied by a full luggage set and its original books (Est. $625,000 – $725,000, without reserve);
- Offered from a private Michigan collection, a 2008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 powered by an 8.0L quad-turbocharged W-16 engine and punching out a blistering 1001 hp. This all-wheel-drive model features a host of desirable options including heated sports seats and an eight-speaker audio system. Finished in striking Black Blue Metallic and Bugatti Dark Blue over Brown leather, this Veyron has covered just 1,200 miles and comes to its new owner ready to be enjoyed (Est. $1,100,000 – $1,300,000); and,
- A nearly new 2018 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Volante set for An Evening with Aston Martin, which kicks off RM Sotheby’s Monterey sale on 15 August. Showing just 13 miles, this Vanquish is finished in Predator Grey over exclusive Pure Black and Chainmail Grey leather interior, and features carbon fiber paddles and a Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Auto System (Est. $750,000 – $900,000).
The Ming Collection and additional supercar highlights join what is already an incredible lineup for RM Sotheby’s Monterey sale, which includes the oldest car to wear the Porsche name, a 1939 Porsche Type 64, alongside an original James Bond Aston Martin DB5. Held during the world-famous Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance motoring week, RM Sotheby’s Monterey sale (15-17 August) has been the pinnacle of collector car auctions for more than 30 years, leading the field and raising the bar with its consistent, record-setting results. This year’s Monterey sale will once again present more than 120 of the world’s most important motor cars in the ultimate collector car destination, featuring a special third auction evening on 15 August. ‘An Evening with Aston Martin’ will feature more than 30 of the world’s most sought-after road-going and track-ready Aston Martin sports cars from across the marque’s illustrious history.
For further information on RM Sotheby’s 2019 Monterey auction and to view a frequently updated list of entries, please visit rmsothebys.com. Interested consignors are invited to call RM Sotheby’s global headquarters at +1 519 352 4575 to speak with a car specialist about entering an important motor car in the Monterey sale. Consignments are invited through 3 July 2019.
FOR MORE NEWS FROM THE RM SOTHEBY’S GROUP: #RMSothebys #RMMonterey
Follow: www.instagram.com/rmsothebys | www.twitter.com/rmsothebys
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles. With 40 years’ experience in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from private treaty sales and auctions (including both RM Sotheby’s and RM Auctions events) to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby’s, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit rmsothebys.com.
Source: RM Sotheby’s
1 Trackback / Pingback
Comments are closed.