WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – March 26, 2019 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – BMW i will once again celebrate the #RoadtoCoachella as an official partner of the Coachella Valley Music & Art Festival in 2019. This year’s campaign will feature global superstar, Khalid, who joins previous BMW i #RoadtoCoachella headliners, renowned composer and music producer Hans Zimmer (“Inception”, “Pearl Harbor,” and “The Dark Knight”) and Portugal. The Man lead singer John Gourley as creative partners.
WHO: BMW i and chart-topping global superstar Khalid
WHAT: As an official partner of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival for the third consecutive year, BMW i is returning to the desert with an artist-inspired #RoadToCoachella campaign featuring global superstar Khalid.
On the heels of the April 5 release of Khalid’s sophomore full length album, Free Spirit, BMW is bringing the album to life with its #RoadtoCoachella campaign that includes multiple activations:
- A fleet of custom art wrapped BMW i8 + BMW i3 models, inspired by Free Spirit and unveiled by a BMW brand video featuring Khalid.
- A group of hand-selected influencers and VIPs will experience the fleet on the #RoadToCoachella drive, and attend the festival, documenting their journey in real-time with the campaign hashtag.
- #RoadToCoachella Palm Springs pitstop (April 11-14, 12-5pm), an immersive, one-of-a-kind experience with a special opportunity to connect fans with Khalid:
- Meet + Greet with the top billing performer
- Food Trucks
- Free Spirit Shop
- Artist inspired + BMW bandanas via fan-favorite claw machine
- iHeart Radio sweepstakes where one lucky fan will win a Coachella weekend including: use of a custom wrapped i8, roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, festival VIP tickets and parking pass.
BMW Influencer Road Trip
Location: Palm Springs, CA to Indio, CA
Khalid x BMW i x #RoadtoCoachella Pit Stop Party Meet + Greet
Location: BMW of Palm Springs 3737 E Palm Canyon Dr
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars; Designworks, a strategic design consultancy based in California; technology offices in Silicon Valley and Chicago, and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is the BMW Group global center of competence for BMW X models and manufactures the X3, X4, X5, X6 and X7 Sports Activity Vehicles. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 346 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 148 BMW motorcycle retailers, 126 MINI passenger car dealers, and 37 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Information about BMW products is available to consumers via the Internet at: www.bmwmotorradusa.com.
Source: BMW of North America, LLC