- Most performance-oriented production R8 model ever produced
- Factory-installed complete range of Audi Sport performance parts
- Full carbon fiber aero kit helps increase downforce
HERNDON, VA – October 17, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – With limited production at 10 units for the United States, each R8 Competition package is preconfigured with all the available Audi Sport performance parts and represents the brand’s most performance-oriented production R8 model ever produced.
The R8 V10 plus Coupe Competition package offers drivers reduced vehicle weight and increased downforce over previous models. Through the use of titanium backing plates for the carbon ceramic brake pads, 2.2 pounds has been saved. The same 20 inch fully milled wheels, similar in design to that of the R8 GT4, represent another example of Audi bringing motorsports technology to the road, and save another 26.4 pounds of weight. The full carbon fiber aero kit not only offers an aggressive look to the R8, but increases downforce. At 150 km/h (93.2 mph), the downforce is doubled compared to an R8 V10 plus Coupe to 52 kg (114.6 pounds). At the top track speed of 315 km/h (196 mph), the downforce is increased by 100 kg (220.5 pounds) to 250 kg (551.2 pounds). The aero kit also helps increase the drag coefficient (Cd = 0.36 to Cd = 0.42).
All 10 units are identical and preconfigured with the following content:
- Suzuka Gray exterior color
- Black racing shell seats with red contrast stitching (Audi exclusive interior package)
- Black optic exterior package including black grille surround and front lower air inlets and rear air outlets
- Dynamic steering
- Full leather package including upper and lower dash and door and side panels
- Bang & Olufsen® sound system (13 speakers, 550 watts)
- Carbon fiber aero kit including carbon fiber fixed rear wing, carbon fiber side sills, carbon fiber front spoiler, flics, and rear diffuser
- Performance brake pad upgrade with titanium backing plates
- Three-way adjustable coilover suspension
- Alcantara® steering wheel with 12 o’clock marker
- Carbon fiber shift paddles
- 20” milled-cut wheels, matte black finish, with summer tires
The R8 Competition package is scheduled to arrive in dealerships in November 2018.
Model year 2018 R8 V10 plus Coupe Competition package starting manufacturer suggested retail price:
|2018 Audi R8 V10 plus Coupe||$237,350|
*Price above excludes destination charge ($1,250), gas guzzler charge ($1,300) taxes, title and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
For more information, please visit your local dealership.
Always obey local speed and traffic laws.
Top track speed drag. Obey all speed and traffic laws.
ABOUT AUDI OF AMERICA
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands, delivering about 1.878 million vehicles globally in 2017. In the U.S., Audi of America sold nearly 227,000 vehicles in 2017 and broke company sales records for the eighth straight year. Visit audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
Source: Audi of America, Inc.