Special Grouping of Former Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Best of Show Winners Secured for Maiden Exhibition of the World’s Most Prized Automobiles
- March 2024, ModaMiami will unveil a highly curated collective of rare, exotic,and historic automobiles, never seen before in South Florida
- An evolution from traditional concours events, ModaMiami will be a multi-daycelebration of world-class motorcars, culture, and luxury lifestyle experiences
- The historic property of The Biltmore hotel in Coral Gables, Florida, will hostthe inaugural event from February 29-March 3
- ModaMiami will feature a special grouping of former Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Best of Show winners, including the 2023 winner, a 1937Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster
- Tickets are now available for purchase on the ModaMiami website (Link:HERE)
CORAL GABLES, FL, December 9, 2023 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – ModaMiami today announces collections to beshowcased on the show field for the inaugural exhibition event from March 2-3, 2024. The collections will feature over 150 of the world’s most exquisite and sought-after automobiles,showcasing distinct and unique facets of automotive artistry and history. Event attendees will discover a range of automobiles from the timeless elegance of pre-war manufacturers to thecutting-edge innovation of modern supercars and hypercars.
The collections will first come together for a special preview on Saturday, March 2, named the “Magic Hour at Moda,” when the collections drive onto the show field. As the night unfolds, attendees can immerse themselves into the allure of the “Concours a Nuit: A Magical Starlit Celebration,” an evening of automotive elegance and extraordinary displays. The automotive extravagance continues Sunday, March 3, with a premier showcase like no other — the “100 Club.” Driving onto the 10th fairway that morning, this specially curated display will feature a selection of the world’s finest supercars and hypercars, transforming the main show field into a haven of automotive excellence.
Vehicle collection highlights include:
- The American Dream – Highlighting the golden era of the automobile in the1950s when convertibles grew epic tailfins and gleaming accents.
- Superstars – An eclectic gathering of cult-status celebrity cars, from bothon and off screen
- Eureka Early Motoring – A gathering of original pioneers of early motoring andthe joy of horseless conveyance
- Back to the Future – Recognizing the importance of ‘young timers’ as the collector cars for the next generation
- It’s Only Original Once – Automobiles whose remarkable history matchestheir beauty
- Curator’s Choice – Exciting surprise choices from our Curator and Moda Committee to be released soon as it’s our aim to present a spectacular show field
- And inspired collections from some of the most iconic automakersincluding Ferrari, Mercedes and Lamborghini to name a few
- Explore the captivating variety of automobiles at this year’s ModaMiami: HERE
Not only will meticulously curated collections grace the show field, but the competition will also feature the prestigious participation of Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Best of Show winners – the most prestigious award achievable for a car collector or restorer worldwide. The current list of previous Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Best of Showwinners set to join the show field include:
- 2006 Pebble – 1931 Daimler Double Six 50 Corsica DHC
- 2007 Pebble – 1935 Duesenberg SJ Mormon Special Speedster
- 2010 Pebble – 1933 Delage S deVillars Roadster
- 2022 Pebble – 1932 Duesenberg Model J Figoni Sports Torpedo
- 2023 Pebble – 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster
Adding to an extraordinary show field, setting the stage for an exceptional experience,additional early highlights include:
- 1998 McLaren F1 ‘LM Specification’
- 1966 Ferrari 365P
- 1988 Porsche 959 Komfort
- 1937 Cadillac V-16
The exhibition event is only one element of ModaMiami’s weekend-long, cross-category celebration of world class automobiles, luxury and culture providing a fresh take on traditional automotive events.. One where superb automotive artistry and craftsmanshipmeets extraordinary design on display in the heart of Miami the ‘magic city’. The weekend will also feature curated experiences ranging from exclusive driving opportunities to best-in-class cuisine from world- renowned celebrity chefs, allowing guests to explore the pinnacle of Miami’s best cultural offerings.
Those interested in the exclusive opportunity to showcase their car during ModaMiami maysubmit an entry form for selection, on the ModaMiami website: HERE. Selected entrants will receive a confirmation from the MODAEVENTS team and an invitation to showcase theirautomobile at the debut event.
“Securing so many former Pebble Beach Best of Show winners is proof that ModaMiami isalready viewed as a world-class event,” said Jeremy Jackson-Sytner, Curator, ModaMiami. “In line with our mission to re-imagine the traditional concours event, we are curating aneclectic and rare field of the very best examples possible, from the days of early motoringthrough to modern supercars and hypercars, all presented with a unique flare that is ModaMiami.”
ModaMiami recognizes the significance and importance of any object can only truly be determined as such based on the reactions of the people who stand in front of it, admiring it. Knowing this, cars will not be judged as they are at traditional concours events, but rather reviewed, voted on, and celebrated as ‘best of collection’ by peers.
For more information about ModaMiami, please visit the website: HERE
MODA is a celebration of world class motor cars, culture and the ultimate in luxury experiences. An evolution from traditional concours d’elegance events, MODA will feature a fresh new format designed to capture the imagination of car collectors and set a newstandard for automotive experiences, demonstrating the commitment to offering clients unparalleled experiencesand access to the world’s most sought-after vehicles.
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest collector car auction house by total sales. With over 40 years of proven results in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from auctions (live and online) and private sales to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of Car Specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM Sotheby’s is currently responsible for eight of the top ten most valuable motor cars ever sold at auction.
Source: RM Sotheby’s