CHINO, CA – December 22, 2022 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – OEM linkage is designed for street and 2-up riding, low ratio, high progression. Engineering the Yamaha R7 to be more stable at the higher speeds for racing is crucial. So we enlisted a world renowned suspension/chassis engineer to get the R7 right for racing.
Our suspension link system works by modifying the linkage ratio and progression with a higher ratio and adds more linear progression. This set up is designed to work well with the stock OEM R7 front end.
This link is designed for enthusiast track days and professional racing.
When combined with Yoshimura Swingarm Pivot Kit part #400BG137200, above benefits can be maximized even further
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum, black anodized with laser etched logo
- Improves rear shock efficiency
- Reduces rear tire aggression for increased tire life
- Includes OEM Yamaha R7 bearings, seals, hardware, and 3D printed spacers installed
- Fully compatible with Yoshimura Subframe Kit part #900BG137200
- Requires dual eyelet shock, 298.5mm eye-to-eye shock recommended
- Base linkage setup designed to work well with OEM R7 front suspension geometry as starting point
- No net weight increase over OEM
- Developed by Yoshimura on #ProjectR7 piloted by Ari Henning and tested by 2022 MotoAmerica Twins Cup Champion Blake Davis
- Legal for use in MotoAmerica Twins Cup Class
Yoshimura Suspension Link progression curve ( blue ) and OEM link (grey)
Yamaha R7 Suspension Linkage Kit – pricing and info.
2022-23 Yamaha R7 Suspension Linkage Kit
Hi-res images available here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/vi0kwkf0oaht9ioff7w3y/h?dl=0&rlkey=mg85tkvy4ncd4su810j0169se
Yoshimura is renowned for its Research and Development. But producing the finest exhaust systems in the world requires more than a big R&D department. Yoshimura is the leading manufacturer of exhaust systems because our commitment to R&D is matched by our dedication to uncompromising quality standards and our expertise in manufacturing pipes that meet those standards.
Source: Yoshimura Research and Development of America