GLENDORA, CA – May 21, 2021 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – NHRA and FOX Sports announced today the remainder of the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series television schedule.
The 2021 Camping World Series features eight telecasts on the FOX Broadcast Network (FOX), including the season-opener in Gainesville which saw viewership of nearly 2 million NHRA fans glued to their TVs during eliminations.
One of the seven events remaining on FOX will be the prestigious Dodge//SRT NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis. NHRA fans will see their favorite drivers battle for their place in the NHRA Countdown to the Championship.
“The strength of our partnership with FOX Sports is evident with our 2021 programming slate,” said Steve Reintjes, NHRA Vice President of Broadcasting. “Our successful season-launch on FOX in Gainesville was followed by quality productions in Las Vegas, Atlanta, and the Charlotte 4-wide. We’re excited to hit our stride with a strong programming lineup and an exciting opportunity to race adjacent to an NFL singleheader on FOX during our Charlotte 2 fall event.”
Brian Lohnes and two-time NHRA Funny Car champion Tony Pedregon return to the booth for the FOX NHRA broadcast team, with reporting from two-time NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series national champion Bruno Massel, Amanda Busick, Jamie Howe and John Kernan.
FOX Sports and NHRA also are scheduling 16 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series broadcasts, and 12 E3 Spark Plugs Pro Mod Drag Racing Series presented by J&A Service broadcasts across FOX Sports networks.
NHRA races will appear in Canada and the Caribbean through FOX Sports Racing, as well as through the FOX Sports app.
2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series Schedule (times subject to change):
- Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals Presented By Pennzoil, Baytown, Texas – May 23, 6:00 PM ET – FS1
- TascaParts.com NHRA New England Nationals Presented By Bandero Premium Tequila, Epping, NH – June 13, 1:30 PM ET – FOX
- Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, Norwalk, OH – June 27, 2:00 PM ET – FOX
- Dodge//SRT Mile-High NHRA Nationals Presented By Pennzoil, Morrison, CO – July 18 – 4:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA Sonoma Nationals, Sonoma, CA –July 25 – 4:00 PM ET – FS1
- Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA – Aug. 1, 4:00 PM ET – FOX
- Menards NHRA Nationals Presented By PetArmor, Topeka, KS – Aug.15, 3:00 PM ET – FOX
- Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals, Brainerd, MN – Aug.22, 3:00 PM ET – FOX
- Dodge//SRT NHRA U.S. Nationals, Indianapolis, IN – 1:00 PM ET – Sept.5, – FOX (coverage begins at 11:00 AM ET on FS1 on Sunday, Sept. 5)
NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series Countdown to the Championship Schedule (times subject to change):
- Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals Presented By Pennzoil, Reading, Pa. – Sept. 12, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA Carolina Nationals, Concord, NC – Sept. 19, 2:00 PM ET – FOX (adjacent to an NFL singleheader)
- NHRA Midwest Nationals, Madison, IL – Sept. 26, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- Texas NHRA FallNationals, Ennis, TX – Oct. 10, 3:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, Bristol, TN – Oct. 17, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- Dodge//SRT NHRA Nationals Presented By Pennzoil, Las Vegas, NV – Oct. 31, 5:00 PM ET – FS1
- Auto Club NHRA Finals, Pomona, Calif. – Nov. 11, 4:00 PM ET – FS1
About FOX Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network, a licensing and commercial relationship with The Stars Group that created the FOX Bet sports betting platform and the FOX Sports Super 6 free-to-play game, and a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
ABOUT CAMPING WORLD
Camping World, headquartered in Lincolnshire, Illinois, is America’s leading retailer of RVs and related products and services, offering an extensive assortment of recreational vehicles for sale, RV and camping gear, RV maintenance and repair, other outdoor and active sports products, and the industry’s broadest and deepest range of services, protection plans, products and resources. Since the Company’s founding in 1966, Camping World has grown to become one of the most well-known destinations for everything RV, with more than 170 locations in 38 states and a comprehensive e-commerce platform. For more information, visit www.CampingWorld.com. Camping World’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CWH”.
For Media Outlets:
Contact Karen Porter PR-CWGS@campingworld.com
Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. NHRA presents 22 national events featuring the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, E3 Spark Plugs Pro Mod Drag Racing Series presented by J&A Service, Factory Stock Showdown and Top Fuel Harley Series. NHRA provides competition opportunities for drivers of all levels in the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style. NHRA also offers the NHRA Jr. Street program for teens and the Summit Racing Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 5 to 17. With over 120 Member Tracks, NHRA allows racers to compete at a variety of locations nationally and internationally. NHRA’s Youth and Education Services (YES) Program reaches over 30,000 students annually to ignite their interest in automotive and racing related careers. NHRA’s streaming service, NHRA.tv, allows fans to view all NHRA national events as well as exclusive features of the sport. In addition, NHRA owns and operates four racing facilities: Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; Gainesville Raceway in Florida; Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to www.NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. and YouTube.
Source: National Hot Rod Association