IRVINE, CA – May 13, 2021 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The ATV Safety Institute will provide free ATV Safety classes during ATV Safety Week, May 15-23, 2021. ASI is partnering with more than 40 training facilities across the country that are volunteering to provide free hands-on training for adults and their children aged six and up.
“Learning how to ride from a licensed instructor is the best way to start riding your ATV,” said Erik Pritchard, president and CEO of the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America. “In these free classes, riders will learn about safe operation, protective gear, and ways to make smart choices and reduce risk out on the trail.”
The ATV RiderCourse is always free year-round to purchasers of a qualifying ATV from an ATV Safety Institute member company. The ASI also offers a free e-Course, which is available online 24/7. Students learn how to apply the Golden Rules of ATV riding in an interactive setting. The E-Course includes videos and pictures to make it an effective learning experience for all ages. After finishing the course, users can take an ATV safety exam and receive a certificate of completion.
The ATV Safety Institute’s Golden Rules:
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Never ride on paved roads except to cross, when done safely and permitted by law – another vehicle could hit you. ATVs are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never carry a passenger on a single-rider ATV, and no more than one passenger on an ATV specifically designed for two people.
- Ride an ATV that’s right for your age.
- Supervise riders younger than 16; ATVs are not toys.
- Ride only on designated trails and at a safe speed.
- Take a hands-on ATV RiderCourse and the free online E-Course. Call toll-free at 800-887-2887 or go to atvsafety.org to register.
To sign up for a free ATV RiderCourse during ATV Safety Week, please visit atvsafety.org and click on the ATV Safety Week banner to find locations and times. Call (800) 887-2887 or email email@example.com to enroll.
The Specialty Vehicle Institute of America
The Specialty Vehicle Institute of America is the not-for-profit national industry association promoting the safe and responsible use of all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) through rider training, public awareness campaigns, and state legislation. Additionally, SVIA works to preserve access to off-road riding areas and expand riding opportunities. Accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), SVIA develops standards for the equipment, configuration, and performance requirements of ATVs. Based in Irvine, Calif., SVIA is sponsored by American Honda Motor Co., Inc.; BRP, Inc.; CFMOTO Powersports, Inc.; Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.; KYMCO USA, Inc.; Polaris Inc.; Suzuki Motor U.S.A. LLC, Textron Specialized Vehicles; and Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A..
Source: Specialty Vehicle Institute of America