Season Opening Supercross Event Kicks Off Tripleheader in Houston: Round 2 on Tues., Jan 19, and Round 3 on Sat., Jan. 23, on NBCSN
Peacock Premium is New Streaming Home of Supercross
STAMFORD, CT – January 15 2021 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The 2021 Monster Energy Supercross season begins this Saturday from NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, live at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Saturday kicks off a tripleheader in Houston with Round 2 on Tuesday, Jan. 19, at 10:30 p.m. ET and Round 3 on Saturday, Jan. 23, live at 8 p.m. ET.
Peacock Premium, the new streaming home of Supercross, provides live and commercial-free coverage of qualifiers and races as well as on-demand replays.
- Play by Play: Leigh Diffey
- Analyst: Ricky Carmichael
- Host: Daniel Blair
- Reporter: Will Christien
- TV – NBCSN
- Streaming – Peacock Premium
- Star-Studded Field of Competitors: Reigning Supercross Champion Eli Tomac looks to defend his title against Ken Roczen, Cooper Webb, Justin Barcia, Adam Cianciarulo, Chase Sexton and Zach Osborne in the 450SX Class. The 250SX Class features Austin Forkner and Jett Lawrence.
- Gearing Up: An encore presentation of the Supercross season preview special will air this Saturday at 3 p.m. ET. The NBC Sports broadcast team discussed the upcoming season, including the season opener in Houston here.
- Malcolm Stewart: 2016 250SX Eastern Regional Champion and current 450SX rider Malcolm Stewart is featured in a story by NBC Sports’ motorsports writer Nate Ryan that focuses on social justice efforts he’s involved in within the sport, his love for fishing, and his new ride with Yamaha this upcoming season. The story is available here.
- The Lone Star State: Event marks the first time the series will begin the season outside of California in 25 years.
For more information, visit SupercrossLIVE.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross, or follow via social channels:
About Monster Energy Supercross:
Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is the most competitive and highest-profile off-road motorcycle racing championship on the planet. Founded in America and sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in 1974, Supercross is currently co-sanctioned by the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the official global governing body for motorcycle racing, thus making it a formal World Championship. Over 17 weeks and a million-dollar All-Star Race, Supercross attracts some of the largest and most impressive crowds inside the most recognizable and prestigious stadiums in North America to race in front of nearly one million live fans and broadcast to millions more worldwide. For more information, visit SupercrossLIVE.com.
About Feld Entertainment, Inc.:
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, DreamWorks Trolls The Experience and Jurassic World Live Tour. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
About NBC Sports Group:
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine, and a direct-to-consumer product NBC Sports Gold. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
Source: Feld Entertainment, Inc.