Championship Leader Fast Heading Into The Weekend
SHELTON, WA – August 28, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Monster Energy Attack Performance Yamaha’s Cameron Beaubier did today what he’s done all season in the HONOS Superbike class. He ended the Official Dunlop MotoAmerica Dunlop Test at the Ridge Motorsports Park on top of the timesheets.
Cameron Beaubier was the fastest of the HONOS Superbike testers at the Ridge Motorsports Park heading into this weekend’s fifth round of the MotoAmerica Series. Photo by Brian J. Nelson
Beaubier, who comes into this weekend’s Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge with seven wins in the eight races thus far, lapped at a best of 1:41.084. His fast time came in the second of four sessions with the four-time MotoAmerica Superbike Champion electing to sit out the final session. Beaubier’s best eclipsed his best from a private test session earlier in the year.
“It was a good day overall,” Beaubier said. “The bike is working well and I’m enjoying riding here. Jake (Gagne) is going fast and so is Matty (Scholtz). Today’s test will be a good lead into the weekend and I’m looking forward to getting started.”
Beaubier’s teammate Jake Gagne ended up second best, despite a crash in the second session. Gagne’s best was a 1:41.686 from session three.
Westby Racing’s Mathew Scholtz ended the day third fastest, the South African turning in a 1:41.903. He joined Beaubier and Gagne as the only riders to crack into the 1:41s.
M4 ECSTAR Suzuki’s Toni Elias was fourth fastest with his 1:42.889, narrowly ahead of his teammate Bobby Fong. Scheibe Racing BMW’s Josh Herrin ended the day sixth fastest. M4 ECSTAR Suzuki’s Alex Dumas was seventh fastest on his Stock 1000-spec GSX-R1000.
Celtic HSBK Racing’s Italian import Lorenzo Zanetti was eighth fastest in his MotoAmerica debut, 2.8 seconds off Beaubier’s best. FLY Racing ADR Motorsports’ David Anthony and Altus Motorsports’ Cameron Petersen rounded out the top 10.
In Supersport action, M4 ECSTAR Suzuki’s Sean Dylan Kelly led championship leader Richie Escalante by .787 of a second after the four sessions. Celtic HSBK Racing’s Brandon Paasch finished the day third fastest.
Twins Cup testing was dominated by Roadracing World Young Gun Rocco Landers, the Oregonian over two seconds clear of Robem Engineering’s Toby Khamsouk. Syndicate Racing’s Jason Madama was third fastest.
The fastest of the Liqui Moly Junior Cup entries at the test was led by Celtic HSBK Racing’s Sam Lochoff with his 1:54.635 – a tick faster than Landers.
- Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha) 1:41.084
- Jake Gagne (Yamaha) 1:41.686
- Mathew Scholtz (Yamaha) 1:41.903
- Toni Elias (Suzuki) 1:42.554
- Bobby Fong (Suzuki) 1:42.581
- Josh Herrin (BMW) 1:43.696
- Alex Dumas (Suzuki) 1:43.822
- Lorenzo Zanetti (Ducati) 1:43.911
- David Anthony (Suzuki) 1:44.088
- Cameron Petersen (Suzuki) 1:44.211
- Sean Dylan Kelly (Suzuki) 1:45.122
- Richie Escalante (Kawasaki) 1:45.909
- Brandon Paasch (Yamaha) 1:46.077
- Lucas Silva (Suzuki) 1:46.754
- Jason Aguilar (Yamaha) 1:46.869
- Rocco Landers (Suzuki) 1:49.322
- Toby Khamsouk (Suzuki) 1:51.425
- Jason Madama (Yamaha) 1:51.519
- Kaleb De Keyrel (Yamaha) 1:52.016
- Jackson Blackmon (Suzuki) 1:52.434
Liqui Moly Junior Cup
- Sam Lochoff (Kawasaki) 1:54.635
- Rocco Landers (Kawasaki) 1:55.101
- Dominic Doyle (Kawasaki) 1:56.431
- David Kohlstaedt (Kawasaki) 1:56.463
- Jack Roach (Kawasaki) 1:57.245
For the full 2020 MotoAmerica Series schedule, click HERE
To purchase tickets to any of the 2020 series rounds, click HERE
For information on how to watch the 2020 MotoAmerica Series, click HERE
MotoAmerica is the new North American road racing series created in 2014. MotoAmerica is an affiliate of KRAVE Group LLC, a partnership that includes three-time 500cc World Champion, two-time AMA Superbike Champion, and AMA Hall of Famer Wayne Rainey, ex-racer and former manager of Team Roberts Chuck Aksland, motorsports marketing executive Terry Karges, and businessman Richard Varner. For more information on MotoAmerica, visit www.MotoAmerica.com. Also make sure to follow MotoAmerica on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.