ONLINE ONLY AUCTION WILL PRESENT MORE THAN 80 MOTOR CARS
AND SELECTION OF AUTOMOBILIA
EARLY HIGHLIGHTS LED BY 1995 FERRARI F50 AND 2017 FORD GT
BIDDING OPEN 21–28 MAY ON RMSOTHEBYS.COM
- RM Sotheby’s launches first consignment-based Online Only collector car auction via rmsothebys.com
- Online Only: Driving into Summer set to feature more than 80 high quality cars spanning various segments of the market
- Early highlights led by selection of modern supercars, including a low-mileage, Classiche-certified Ferrari F50
- Bidding opens at 10:00 am EDT on Thursday, 21 May, with lots closing beginning on Thursday, 28 May
- Consignments for the auction are invited through 14 May
- Additional information and bidder registration available at rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, ONTARIO, CANADA – April 23, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Building on the recent success of Online Only: The Palm Beach Auction, RM Sotheby’s has announced another collector car sale set to take place via the company’s online auction platform on rmsothebys.com. Open for bidding from 21–28 May, Online Only: Driving into Summer will feature more than 80 diverse collector cars as the hobby looks forward to the summer driving season, alongside a selection of automobilia, curated by RM Sotheby’s team of specialists specifically for the online auction platform.
Significant early entries for the auction have already been secured, and additional consignments are invited through 14 May. The first featured entries are led by a striking example of Ferrari’s iconic 1990s supercar, a Classiche-certified 1995 Ferrari F50, presented in Rosso Corsa over a Nero interior with contrasting red cloth inserts. The second example of just 349 built to celebrate the marque’s 50th anniversary, the F50 on offer was displayed by Ferrari in September of 1995 at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Powered by a 520-hp 4.7-litre normally aspirated V-12 engine with five valves per cylinder, the low-mileage F50 offers a compelling combination of thoroughbred performance and engineering pedigree (Est. $2,500,000 – $2,750,000).
Joining the Italian powerhouse is a superb example of the latest iteration of Ford’s flagship supercar, a 2017 Ford GT, finished in Triple Yellow with Lightning Blue stripes. Born and bred on the racetrack, the GT packs power with its 647-hp, 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine. It comes to its next caretaker nicely optioned, including carbon-fiber wheels, and reading just 1,471 miles on the odometer (Est. $850,000 – $950,000).
“We’re looking forward to launching our first Online Only collector car auction with an offering that has been built entirely for the virtual platform,” comments Gord Duff, Global Head of Auctions, RM Sotheby’s. “With a fantastic group of sought-after, low-mileage sports and supercars through to eclectic lots like the Piaggio Limousine, this is a dynamic group of collector cars that duplicates the caliber of many of our established live auction events. The amount of interest and response that we received to our Online Only Palm Beach auction proved that collectors are still buying and selling great cars, and they have confidence in our secure, proprietary transaction platform and the transparency that our inspection reports and research team provide. Coupled with our ability to offer clients a concierge level of service from start to finish, we feel our online auction experience is second to none. We are continuing to improve and adapt the platform as we learn more from each online auction, and we look forward to bringing another great group of cars to our global clientele.”
Additional highlights already set for Online Only: Driving into Summer include:
- A 2006 Ford GT Heritage, the final example of a total 343 produced, equipped with three options: BBS wheels, painted calipers and Heritage livery (Est. $330,000 – $360,000).
- A 2005 Ferrari Superamerica, one of 559 constructed and just 170 destined for North America. This example comes equipped with the rare and highly desirable Fiorano Handling Package, finished in Argento Nürburgring over Cuoio and showing less than 3,500 miles (Est. $250,000 – $300,000).
- An incredibly original, virtually as-new 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster with a mere 41 miles on the odometer. Equipped with a host of factory options, the Speedster has been recently mechanically serviced and drives as if showroom fresh (Est. $225,000 – $250,000).
- A rare 1978 Piaggio Ape Limousine by Milanese coachbuilder, Carrozzeria Pavesi, reportedly built for a Mr. and Mrs. Agusta to use as a boat tender from their dock in Portofino to their summer retreat up the promontory above the harbor. This Piaggio is powered by a 600-cc engine and features an intercom so those in the passenger cabin can communicate with driver (Est. $45,000 – $60,000, offered without reserve).
Early highlights for the auction are now available for viewing on rmsothebys.com. Additional entries will continue to be posted in the weeks leading up to the auction start on 21 May. Please note that the auction closing time on 28 May will be announced prior to the start of bidding once the offering has been finalized. Each car offered in the Online Only auction will be presented with comprehensive photography and in most cases will be accompanied by condition reports completed by RM Sotheby’s specialists as well as catalogue descriptions. Where available, additional information on each lot, such as history files, production certificates, restoration documentation, service invoices, owner’s manuals, and accompanying parts can be viewed online, once logged in, by clicking the “View Files” button on the individual lot page.
Bidder registration is now open for Online Only: Driving into Summer and requires very simple steps to complete. RM Sotheby’s Client Service team is ready to assist interested bidders with any part of the account creation or registration process. Additional information on “How Bidding Works” will appear on each lot page once the lot is live and when clients are logged in as registered bidders. Frequently asked questions are also available here.
Interested consignors are invited to contact an RM Sotheby’s car specialist about entering their car. Additional information is available at rmsothebys.com.
FOR MORE NEWS FROM RM SOTHEBY’S: #RMSothebys
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest collector car auction house by total sales. With 40 years of proven results in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from auctions and private sales to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM Sotheby’s is currently responsible for six of the top ten most valuable motor cars ever sold at auction. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby’s, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit rmsothebys.com.
Source: RM Sotheby’s