LATEST HIGHLIGHTS LED BY AS-NEW 2019 MCLAREN SENNA
MORE THAN 350 COLLECTOR CARS SET FOR 20-21 MARCH SALE
- RM Auctions announces 2019 McLaren Senna for its 18th annual South Florida sale, 20-21 March
- Palm Beach auction features exciting roster of modern performance sports and supercars
- Approximately 350 collector cars and assortment of memorabilia set for two-day sale at Palm Beach International Raceway, with something for every enthusiast
- An updated list of entries, the digital preview brochure and event details are available at rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, ONTARIO, CANADA – March 11, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – RM Auctions is pleased to announce the latest feature entries for its 18th annual South Florida sale, taking place this year at Palm Beach International Raceway on 20-21 March, highlighted by a group of modern performance sports and supercars. Leading the lineup is a thrilling, as-new 2019 McLaren Senna, an example of McLaren’s top-shelf Ultimate Series.
Named in honor of the legendary Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna, the highly-collectible McLaren Senna, no. 146 of just 500 examples produced, presents in as-new condition, showing a mere 200 miles on the odometer. Equipped with a host of desirable options, the Senna races to auction fitted with a 4.0-liter twin turbocharged V-8 engine modified by the company for increased power. McLaren’s most powerful internal combustion engine yet, the V-8 is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and employs new induction manifolds, bespoke camshafts, high-flow fuel pumps, and a new titanium exhaust to develop an outrageous 789 hp and 590 foot-pounds of torque – allowing the Senna to reach 62 mph from standstill in just 2.8 seconds and 124 mph in 6.8 seconds, with a top speed of 208 mph. Wearing attractive Sarthe Grey over black and orange interior, the Senna is nothing short of magnificent, offering its next owner exhilarating track days or prestigious display at world premier supercar gatherings (Est. $950,000 – $1,200,000).
Alongside the McLaren, a handsome 2005 Porsche Carrera GT also headlines RM Auctions Palm Beach sale. A race car built for the street, the Carrera GT conceals a fiery 5.7-liter V-10 engine under its hood, producing an incredible 605 horsepower and 435 foot-pounds of torque and able to rocket from 0–60 mph in 3.6 seconds toward a top speed of 205 mph. Through four years of specialized production, just 1,270 examples of the ultra-high-performance supercar were built worldwide. The example on offer comes to auction in excellent condition from just two Californian owners since new, having been regularly serviced and wearing a stunning GT Silver Metallic finish (Est. $650,000 – $720,000).
An iconic and dramatically styled 1983 Lamborghini Countach LP 5000S by Bertone comes to the Palm Beach International Raceway offered from single-family ownership for the past 21 years. Even more outrageous than its predecessor, the LP400, the LP5000S debuted at the 1982 Geneva Motor Show equipped with a more powerful 4,754 cc, 375-hp V-12 engine. Presented in striking black finish over tan interior, the Countach on offer is one of just 321 produced from 1982 to 1985 and comes to auction following a recent clutch replacement, ready to be enjoyed by the next Lamborghini connoisseur (Est. $250,000 – $300,000).
Additional modern performance highlights set for RM Auctions Palm Beach sale include:
- Offered from its original owner, a well-optioned 2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale, finished in iconic Rosso Corsa with a NART racing stripe, showing 271 original miles and recently serviced at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale (Est. $250,000 – $300,000, without reserve);
- An as-new, delivery-mileage 2018 Porsche 911 GT3, the stunning 500-hp 991.2-generation model built as a homage to Porsche’s competition heritage, presented in special option Graphite Blue Metallic finish (Est. $180,000 – $200,000);
- A three-option 2006 Ford GT, one of just 327 finished in Mark IV Red with full stripes for 2006 (Est. $240,000 – $275,000);
- Offered from just two owners since new, a 1997 Porsche 911 RUF Turbo R, upgraded to RUF Turbo R specification in 2014 under current ownership (Est. $150,000 – $200,000).
“We’re very excited to return to South Florida, this year at the Palm Beach International Raceway with an exceptional lineup of some of the hobby’s most sought-after modern sports and supercars,” says Gord Duff, Global Head of Auctions, RM Sotheby’s Group. “Our offering of the Senna is a great opportunity to acquire an appropriately market priced example of McLaren’s most track-focused model, fittingly, right on an historic racetrack. We know there is a healthy market for this segment following the fantastic results for similar offerings at our recent Amelia Island sale.”
Additional information on RM Auctions’ Palm Beach sale, including the digital preview brochure, an updated list of all entries and event details, is available at rmsothebys.com. To speak with an RM specialist or to register to bid at the Palm Beach sale, please call +1 519 352 4575.
FOR MORE NEWS FROM THE RM SOTHEBY’S GROUP: #RMAuctions #RMPalmBeach #RMSothebys
About RM Sotheby’s
RM Sotheby’s is the world’s largest collector car auction house by total sales. With 40 years of proven results in the collector car industry, RM’s vertically integrated range of services, from auctions and private sales to estate planning and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM Sotheby’s is currently responsible for six of the top ten most valuable motor cars ever sold at auction. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby’s, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit rmsothebys.com.
Source: RM Sotheby’s