- 4.0-liter TFSI® bi-turbo V8 capable of 591 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque, sprinting from 0-60 mph in just 3.5 seconds
- A lowered stance and flared wheel arches emphasize the most powerful iteration of Audi sportback design
- Standard performance equipment including quattro® sport differential, dynamic all-wheel steering and RS adaptive air suspension provide masterful control in nearly all driving situations
HERNDON, VA – March 5, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – The second generation of the RS 7 joins the Audi suite of all-new RS engineered models in the brand’s performance lineup. The five-door coupe is equipped with a 4.0-liter TFSI® bi-turbo V8 that generates 591 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque. The visceral performance capabilities of the RS 7 are underlined by its lowered stance, aggressive RS styling, and flared wheel arches that make it nearly an inch wider on each side over the A7.
Performance: pure power
- The RS 7 houses a powerful 4.0-liter TFSI® bi-turbo V8 that delivers 591 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque (+147 hp/+147 lb-ft over the S7), allowing the five-door coupe to sprint from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds.
- The standard quattro® sport differential offers a dynamic driving experience and helps enhance cornering agility by actively splitting torque between each of the rear wheels, with the ability to direct nearly all torque to one wheel.
- Standard eight-speed tiptronic® transmission with optimized shift times and new launch control function transmits the power of the 4.0-liter engine to the quattro® all-wheel drive.
- The 4.0-liter engine produces a full bodied and robust V8 sound, which the driver can adjust using the Audi drive select system. The optional Sport Exhaust can be added for an even more pronounced sound.
- RS ceramic brakes are available with red or gray painted calipers, and increase the top track speed of the RS 7 from 155 mph to an eye-watering 190 mph.
Suspension: agility on tap
- The RS 7 is equipped with an RS adaptive air suspension with controlled damping specifically tuned to suit the RS model. The air suspension can be adjusted between three different modes, allowing drivers to seamlessly switch between long-distance comfort and high-performance dynamics.
- A RS sport suspension with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC), is also available which integrates roll and pitch compensation. DRC uses steel springs and three-way adjustable dampers to counteract the movements of the vehicle body without the use of electronics.
- Driving characteristics can be adjusted via the Audi drive select system. Six profiles are available, including customizable RS-specific RS1 and RS2 modes that can be enabled directly from an “RS MODE” button on the steering wheel.
- The RS 7 sits 0.4 inches lower than the A7 when “auto”, “comfort” or “efficiency” modes are selected. At speeds above 75 mph or in “dynamic” mode, the air suspension lowers the body another 0.4 inches.
- Standard dynamic all-wheel steering enables the steering angle of the front and rear wheels to be adjusted independently, allowing for increased maneuverability at low speeds and maximum stability at high speeds.
Exterior design: a striking silhouette
- The most powerful expression of the Audi sportback body style will be offered exclusively in a wide-body, five-seater configuration, a first for the model.
- Flared wheel arches emphasize the sporty nature of the high-performance model, with nearly an inch more of width on each side over its predecessor. The RS 7 shares the iconic silhouette with the base model, but only has four identical parts: the hood, roof, front doors and tailgate.
- The three-dimensional RS-specific honeycomb structure within the Singleframe® grille is finished in gloss back. Below the Matrix-LED laser headlights, side air inlets open on the striking new RS bumper and extend into the lower edge of the headlights.
- At the rear of the vehicle is a sweeping lip spoiler which extends at speeds above 60 mph, and a strip of lights link the main taillights to give further definition to the tailgate. The RS exhaust system, with large, oval tailpipes on each side, sits beneath an RS-specific bumper with a rear diffuser in gloss black.
- The RS 7 is standard equipped with 21-inch, RS wheels with summer tires. Available Black Optic or Carbon Optic packages include 22-inch wheels, a black grille and black or carbon exterior accents.
Interior: driver-focused, RS-specific
- The refined interior of the RS 7 includes impressive RS accents and driver-focused technologies. Standard MMI touch response® with haptic and acoustic feedback features a 10.1-inch upper display used for controlling infotainment and navigation functions and an 8.6-inch lower display used for climate control, comfort and convenience functions, as well as for natural handwriting input with whole-word recognition.
- Standard second-generation Audi virtual cockpit features a 12.3-inch display that offers HD resolution of 1920 x 720 pixels. The virtual cockpit helps to enhance the infotainment and navigating experience through the large satellite imagery or 3D city maps in the instrument cluster (requires Audi connect® PRIME subscription, supported with 4G LTE where available).
- Special RS displays provide information on tire pressure, torque, power output, engine oil temperature, boost pressure, lap times, acceleration measurements and g forces.
- Standard RS sport seats are upholstered with Valcona leather with a honeycomb pattern and RS embossing. The fully perforated, heated RS sport leather steering wheel features new large RS aluminum shift paddles on either side of the wheel.
Manufacturer suggested retail pricing:
|2021 Audi RS 7||$114,000|
*Starting MSRP of $114,000 for a 2021 Audi RS 7. Price excludes destination charge ($995), taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
ABOUT AUDI OF AMERICA
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands, delivering about 1.845 million vehicles globally in 2019. In the U.S., Audi of America sold just over 224,000 vehicles in 2019 and launched the brand’s first fully electric vehicle, the Audi e-tron – one of four fully electric models coming to the U.S. market in the next two years. Globally, the brand aims to be CO2 neutral by 2050. Visit audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
This information and any vehicle specifications are preliminary and subject to change.
Always obey local speed and traffic laws.
Top track speed electronically limited in U.S. Obey all speed and traffic laws.
When using MMI touch response system, always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.
Source: Audi of America, Inc.