2018 RZR Factory Racing Results: 50 Total Wins and 118 Podiums
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – January 7, 2019 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Polaris RZR®Factory Racing concluded its 2018 race season with an unprecedented, record-setting win total. In 2018, Polaris RZR Factory Racing accumulated 50 wins and 118 total podiums.
The team’s 50 wins exceeded the dominate 43-win performance the team generated in the 2016 and 2017 seasons combined. The momentum the team brought in 2018 resulted in victories at largely every race, including championships in the WORCS, SCORE, Lucas Oil Off Road Racing and Best in the Desert racing series.
“It’s been a fantastic year of racing with incredible results,” said Kyle Duea, Vice President of ORV Marketing at Polaris Industries. “The tremendous amount of dedication that went into training and preparation by the racers and their teams was incredible. We can’t wait to keep the momentum going as we gear up for a successful 2019 season.”
2018 season highlights from Polaris RZR Factory Racing, include:
- Polaris RZR Factory Race team swept multiple podiums, including the GMZ UTV Winter Nationals Casey Folks Parker 250, King of the Hammers, Mint 400, Baja 500, Lucerna Tijuana Score Desert Challenge, Laughlin Desert Classic, and WORCS SXS Finals
- Wayne Matlock achieved a monumental first-in-class win for UTV and overall SCORE Series Championship Title in the Baja 1000
- Brandon Schueler came out of the gate stealing the season opener victory at the GMZ UTV Winter Nationals Casey Folks Parker 250
- Ronnie Anderson swept the Pro Side-by-Side class for the WORCS season opener in the RZR® RS1 just days following its commercial release – and secured the title in SXS Pro and SXS Pro Stock races
- Mitch Guthrie Jr. picked up his first career win at King of the Hammer’s and took home the title
- RZR Factory Race team stole victories at 50th anniversary Mint 400 in all three UTV Classes
- Kristen Matlock became the first woman to win overall UTV NA class at Baja 500 with teammate Branden Sims securing a first-place win in Pro UTV Forced Induction
- RZR Racers stole eight first-place titles including; Pro Stock, Pro Turbo, and 1000 Stock class
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerica Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Source: Polaris Industries Inc.