- Q7 sales rose 43 percent; all-new Q5 sales up 16 percent
- Sales of the new-to-U.S. A5 Sportback totaled 1,203
- SUV sales increased 19 percent; sedan sales rose 1 percent
HERNDON, VIRGINIA – October 3, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Audi of America reported a September sales increase of 9.6 percent to 19,308 deliveries, as the all-new Q5, the Q7, and the all-new A5 Sportback helped drive consumer demand.
September marked the 81st straight record sales month for Audi of America. The previous September record was set last year with 17,617 deliveries. Through September, Audi has now sold 160,914 vehicles in the U.S. this year, more than any year before 2013. Through September sales have increased 5.7 percent.
Consumer demand for Audi SUVs increased deliveries of the new Q5 to 4,596 and the Q7 to 3,538, with the Q7 rising 43 percent over last year and 22 percent year-to-date. September was the best sales month ever for the Q7. Audi SUV sales overall grew more than 19 percent in September and made up 52 percent of the sales mix. Audi SUV sales have increased 13 percent this year.
The A5 Cabriolet, Coupe and the new Sportback sales more than tripled to 2,360. The A5 Sportback sales totaled 1,203 in September.
Audi sedan deliveries totaled 9,356 for the month, up 1 percent from last year.
“We’re encouraged by the consumer demand for our all-new Q5 and A5 models and we’re looking forward to a strong fourth-quarter finish as we head into 2018,” said Cian O’Brien, chief operating officer, Audi of America.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–MTD–||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Sep ’17
|Total Audi Sales||19,308||17,617||9.6%||160,914||152,179||5.7%|
|Total CPO Sales||4,225||3,531||19.7%||35,808||34,529||3.7%|
– A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan and A3 Cabriolet, but does not include A3 Sportback e-tron.
– A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include A4 allroad.
– A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
– A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
– A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe and TT Roadster.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. The Audi Group is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. In 2016, AUDI AG delivered about 1.871 million Audi automobiles and broke all-time company sales records for the seventh straight year in the U.S. Visit audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
Source: Audi of America, Inc.