- Q7 sales rose 44 percent for best–ever month for model
- Sales of A5 more than tripled; Demand for A4 sedan increased 1.5 percent
- Audi SUV sales increased 4.1 percent for the month
HERNDON, VA – August 1, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Audi of America reported a July sales increase of 2.5 percent to 18,824 vehicles, led by the Q7, the Q3 and the new A5 Sportback.
July was the 79th straight month of record sales for Audi of America. The previous July record was set last year with 18,364 deliveries. Through July, Audi has sold 121,795 vehicles in the U.S., outpacing the premium market.
Audi SUV sales were 9,338, led by 3,334 deliveries of the Q7, the model’s best month ever. The Q7 has now risen 18 percent this year through July. Sales of the Q3 rose 3.8 percent to 1,888. Through the first half of the year, Audi SUV sales have risen 4.1 percent. Deliveries of the new Q5 are down because of inventory constraints. For the year, Q5 sales have risen 11 percent to 29,863.
The new A5, including the coupe, Sportback and Cabriolet, more than tripled to 2,255 vehicles, led by the Sportback, with 1,164 deliveries. The A4 sedan posted sales of 2,652, a 1.5 percent increase for the month and 14 percent year-to-date, as Audi sedans continue to outperform a challenging market for sedans.
“Audi is showing that you can win in a challenging segment with design and technology, based on the positive customer response,” said Cian O’Brien, chief operating officer, Audi of America.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–MTD–||–YTD–|
|Model Line||July ’17 Actual||July ’16 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||July ’17 YTD Actual||July ’16 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||18,824||18,364||2.5%||121,795||115,298||5.6%|
|Total CPO Sales||4,594||4,066||13%||26,831||27,130||-1.1%|
– A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan and A3 Cabriolet, but does not include A3 Sportback e-tron.
– A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include A4 allroad.
– A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
– A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
– A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe and TT Roadster.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. The Audi Group is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. In 2016, AUDI AG delivered about 1.871 million Audi automobiles and broke all-time company sales records for the seventh straight year in the U.S. Visit www.audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
Source: Audi of America, Inc.