Diversity in Offerings Demonstrated by
the Eclectic Mix of Top Sales
WALWORTH, WI – July 25, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Mecum Auctions took the collector-car auction action to the Mile High City this past weekend with 591 vehicles on offer at the Denver Convention Center. In just two days, 411 vehicles hammered sold for a 70-percent sell-through rate and an overall sales total of $11.4 million.
The eclectic mix of cars at the auction was evidenced by the variety among the top 10 sellers. Complete with Shelbys, Corvettes, a Mustang and a Land Rover, the top sellers were led by a 2016 Ferrari California T Convertible that demanded $165,000 and a 1960 Volkswagen 23-Window Samba Bus that brought $120,000.
The complete top 10 sales at the Denver 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 2016 Ferrari California T Convertible (Lot S127.1) at $165,000
- 1960 Volkswagen 23-Window Samba Bus (Lot S81) at $120,000
- 1965 Shelby Cobra CSX4000 Series (Lot S137) at $115,000
- 1964 Shelby Cobra CSX7000 Series 50th Anniversary (Lot S142) at $110,000
- 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback (Lot S120) at $95,000
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S122) at $89,000
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S176) at $87,500
- 1936 Autocar Car Hauler (Lot S151) at $86,000
- 1994 Land Rover Defender 90 (Lot S92.1) at $86,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot F167) at $85,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next collector-car auction is this Aug. 3-5 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, with an anticipated 1,000-vehicle lineup featuring an unprecedented selection of American muscle cars. Just two weeks later, Aug. 16-19, will be Mecum’s Daytime Auction in Monterey, California, with 600 vehicles headlined by Ferrari LaFerraris, Bugatti Veyrons, a 2010 Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita and a 1958 Lister-Jaguar “Knobbly,” to name a few. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
About Mecum Auctions
Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 30 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Established by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wisconsin. For further information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050. Follow along with Mecum’s social media news and join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
Source: Mecum Auction, Inc.