Second-annual event topped by the sale of a 1968 Yenko Camaro
WALWORTH, WI – June 21, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Mecum Auctions was in Portland this past weekend with an impressive lineup of 461 classic and collector cars. The two-day auction at the Portland Expo Center achieved $7.9 million in overall sales totals topped by a 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S125) that brought $395,000.
The well-documented, four-speed Yenko certainly stole the show in its intense blue-on-black color combination and award-winning condition, but a rare 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S130) was another auction favorite and demanded a high bid of $125,000. Plymouths and Chevrolets dominated the top 10, but a beautiful Hemi-equipped Desoto Fireflite convertible (Lot S134) also made the list coming in at $68,000.
The complete top 10 sales at the Portland 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S125) at $395,000
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S130) at $125,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S115) at $110,000
- 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback (Lot S101) at $90,000
- 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda (Lot S97) at $81,000
- 1970 Plymouth Cuda (Lot S150.1) at $78,000
- 1970 Plymouth Road Runner (Lot S119) at $72,500
- 2003 Chevrolet Corvette CRC Conversion (Lot S123) at $71,000
- 1966 Shelby Cobra Replica (Lot S151) at $70,000
- 1955 Desoto Fireflite Convertible (Lot S134) at $68,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next collector-car auction is this July 20-22 in Denver with an anticipated 1,000-vehicle lineup, followed by another 1,000-car offering in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Aug. 3-5. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
About Mecum Auctions
Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 30 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Established by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wisconsin. For further information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050. Follow along with Mecum’s social media news and join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
Source: Mecum Auction, Inc.