AUBURN HILLS, MI – June 6, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –
- Industry accolade comes courtesy of the Southern Automotive Media Association (SAMA) with the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia’s “Topless in Miami” debut
- Giulia is very well-equipped with standard premium features, including a best-in-class 280-hp turbocharged and intercooled 2.0L engine delivering 0-60 mph in a segment-leading 5.1 seconds, DNA drive mode selector, leather seats, bi-xenon headlamps with signature LED daytime running lights, dual exhaust, carbon fiber driveshaft, passive entry with remote start, back-up camera with rear park sensors a 7-inch TFT and much more
- Giulia Ti (Turismo Internazionale) adds 18-inch aluminum wheels, genuine wood interior trim, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, class-exclusive 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment with SiriusXM, front park sensors and much more
- Giulia nameplate reflects over a 55-year heritage of Alfa Romeo’s lightweight, performance sedan tradition and more than 105 years of brand history, carving its legend on road courses around the globe
- Giulia and Giulia Ti are on sale now with standard RWD starting at an MSRP of $37,995 and $39,995, respectively, and optional AWD for $2,000, with the 505-hp Giulia Quadrifoglio starting at $72,000
The all-new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti (Turismo Internazionale) took the top award in the “Affordable Panoramic” category at the seventh annual Topless in Miami Presented by Haartz competitive car event hosted by the Southern Automotive Media Association (SAMA).
“The all-new Giulia Ti equipped with the dual-pane sunroof is an exciting addition to the Topless in Miami Competition and we’re thrilled to have Alfa Romeo back in North America with a truly competitive luxury sedan,” said Jaime Florez, SAMA president. “SAMA judges were impressed by the highly-contended vehicle’s dynamic performance and beautiful Italian craftsmanship that make the new Giulia a serious competitor among luxury sedans.”
More than 40 journalists attended the event and drove more than 25 vehicles from various manufacturers. Journalists voted for their favorite vehicles after driving scenic routes in Key Biscayne, Florida.
Crafted by Alfa Romeo artisans at the Cassino plant in Italy, the all-new 2017 Giulia is a testament to Alfa Romeo’s perfect balance of engineering and emotion, creating a premium sports sedan for driving enthusiasts that stands out in the segment, and is luxurious and comfortable on the inside.
Built around the driver, Alfa Romeo Giulia designers focused on simplistic elegance, with an emphasis on incorporating the essential elements for performance. The designers did this while taking a top-down strategy – starting with the halo high-performance 505-hp 2.9L twin-turbo V6 Quadrifoglio model – ensuring top performance, impeccable handling, and luxurious design and trickling that technology and craft down throughout the Giulia line-up today.
Inside, Giulia’s high level of craftsmanship starts with an asymmetric-styled instrument panel, featuring a driver-focused cockpit crafted with an array of available leathers with accent stitching all featuring an embossed Alfa Romeo logo in the headrest, plus trim available in genuine aluminum, wood or carbon fiber – all for a customized look that could only be crafted in Italy. A Formula-1-inspired steering wheel features a flat-bottom thick-rim profile that transmits the chassis’ direct-steering feel and neatly groups the vehicle controls and the engine start button. Behind the steering wheel, the Giulia features a full-color 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) instrument cluster straddled by two large white-on-black face analog gauges.
At the center of the interior, the brand’s all-new widescreen Information and Entertainment system is available in 6.5 inches or 8.8 inches and offers an intuitive, yet sophisticated series of features all elegantly “hidden” in the instrument panel. Below, in the center console, the rotary controller is ergonomically located and features a simple operation of the entertainment system. Last, the Alfa DNA drive mode selector (featuring three standard drive modes: Dynamic, Natural and Advanced Efficiency) is adjacent to the automatic shifter, enabling the driver to easily adjust the Alfa Romeo Giulia’s driving behavior.
In addition to the expansive list of standard features in the all-new Giulia, Giulia Ti adds even more luxury and convenience offerings, including standard 18-inch wheels, genuine wood interior accents, front park sensors, an 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment display along with heated steering wheel and heated front seats.
The Giulia and Giulia Ti also offer drivers key packages, providing a unique collection of available features that further accentuate the bold Alfa Romeo characteristics:
- Giulia Sport pulls design from the Giulia Quadrifoglio with unique front and rear sport fascias, 18-inch sport design aluminum wheels, gloss black window trim surround, and colored brake calipers
- Ti Sport adds to the Giulia’s Sport Package with addition of 19-inch dark 5-hole aluminum wheels for the exterior and an interior featuring 12-way front power sport leather seats, including 4-way lumbar and power side bolsters, along with manual thigh extenders, sport leather steering wheel, steering column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters, aluminum sport pedals and footrest, and available aluminum trim interior accents
- Ti Lusso offers a refined interior including Luxury Pieno Fiore Italian leather seats with cannelloni designed inserts, 12-way power front seats including 4-way lumbar, leather-wrapped dash and upper door trim with accent stitching, genuine wood trim in dark grey oak or light walnut, luxury steering wheel and more. In addition, the exterior offers a unique 18-inch 10-spoke luxury wheel.
- Ti Performance Package adds an adaptive performance suspension, mechanical limited slip differential and steering column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters to any Giulia Ti
Completing the line-up is the Giulia Quadrifoglio featuring an all-aluminum direct-injection 2.9-liter twin-turbo intercooled V-6 engine, delivering a best-in-class 505 horsepower, earning it the title of Alfa Romeo’s most powerful Alfa Romeo production car ever, achieving a record-setting time at the time at the Nürburgring of 7:32, making the Giulia the fastest four-door production sedan in the world, as well as featuring class-leading 0-60 miles per hour acceleration of 3.8 seconds.
Though it is not just performance that embodies the Giulia Quadrifoglio, the model also features an impressive list of features above the Giulia Ti. The exterior stands apart with unique front fascia featuring industry’s first carbon fiber active aero front splitter, rear fascia with quad exhaust and a rear diffuser, carbon fiber accents including rear spoiler, side rocker panels, roof and hood, all finished off by four available 19-inch wheel designs and signature colored calipers.
The interior adds sporty refinement and safety with the addition of sport seats adorned with high-performance leather and Alcantara, a leather-wrapped dash and doors with accent stitching, 3-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel featuring a performance red push button start, carbon-fiber interior trim, aluminum sport pedal and footrest, 8.8-inch widescreen with additional 3D Navigation blind-spot monitoring with rear cross path detection, torque vectoring differential, adaptive suspension, and Alfa’s DNA Pro Drive Mode System featuring 4 Drive modes – with addition of exclusive RACE mode.
With its muscular proportions and a “pure” design ethos of passion, lightness and simplistic elegance “clothing” its class-leading technical layout with near perfect 50/50 weight balance, the all-new 2017 Giulia exudes stunning and functional Italian style with a finesse of Alfa Romeo heritage, athletically taut lines and sculptural details.
Based in Miami, the Southern Automotive Media Association members include journalists, media organizations, corporate communication specialists, marketing and advertising specialists, and auto manufacturers specializing in the automotive industry. Formed in 2007, the organization now has more than 100 members throughout Florida and the southeastern United States.
About Alfa Romeo
Since its foundation in Milan, Italy, in 1910, Alfa Romeo continues to design and craft some of the most stunning and exclusive cars in automotive history, all while building on a racing heritage that includes some of the most talented and storied drivers and victories.
Crafted by Alfa Romeo artisans at the Cassino plant in Italy, the all-new 2018 Stelvio lineup is a testament to Alfa Romeo’s perfect balance of engineering and emotion, creating a premium mid-size SUV for driving enthusiasts that stands out in one of the largest and fastest growing segments in the U.S. Born from the world’s greatest driving road – Stelvio Pass – the all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio sets a new benchmark in performance, style and technology in an SUV that could only be Italian. The innovative Q4 all-wheel-drive (AWD) system – standard on all Stelvio models, including the Quadrifoglio, provides additional driving confidence and superior control. Infused with Italian passion, craftsmanship and innovation, the all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio will conquer the winding road for which it is named.
As the first of a new generation of vehicles on an all-new platform, the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia and Giulia Ti models embody Alfa Romeo’s La meccanica delle emozioni (the mechanics of emotion) spirit, delivering race-inspired performance with a class-leading 280 horsepower, advanced technologies that include the available Q4 all-wheel-drive system, seductive Italian style and an exhilarating driving experience to the premium mid-size sedan segment. As the “halo” model in the lineup, Giulia Quadrifoglio highlights Alfa Romeo’s motorsport knowhow with a best-in-class, 505-horsepower, 2.9-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine that earns the title of the most powerful Alfa Romeo production car engine ever and the quickest with a class-leading 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds, plus it enabled a record-setting Nürburgring lap time of 7:32 – the fastest ever by a four-door production sedan.
The handcrafted 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe represents the purest form of La meccanica delle emozioni, with its race-inspired, mid-engine design and state-of-the-art, Formula 1-inspired carbon fiber monocoque chassis that enables an incredible power-to-weight ratio and with advanced technologies, including the all-aluminum 1750 turbocharged and intercooled engine with direct-injection and dual variable-valve timing, which enables supercar-level performance, including 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds.
Source: FCA US LLC