WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – June 3, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –
- BMW brand sales decrease 11.0 percent
- MINI brand sales decrease 11.6 percent
Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 11.0 percent in May for a total of 25,818 compared to 29,017 vehicles sold in May 2016. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is down 3.6 percent in the U.S. on sales of 120,124 vehicles compared to 124,581 sold in the first five months of 2016.
Notable vehicle sales in May include the BMW 5 Series which increased 12.7 percent to 3,677 cars, the BMW X1 which increased 12.6 percent to 2,489 vehicles, and the BMW X3 which increased 21.7 percent to 4,011 vehicles.
“Our all-new BMW 5 Series is now showing its strength as availability increases and production begins to match demand,” said Bernhard Kuhnt, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “At the same time, demand for BMW Sports Activity Vehicles remains solid with the X1 and the X3 delivering the standout numbers for May”
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported May sales of 29,878 vehicles, a decrease of 11.1 percent from the 33,612 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 4.8 percent on sales of 137,916 vehicles in the first five months of 2017 compared to 144,811 in the same period in 2016.
MINI Brand Sales
For May, MINI USA reported 4,060 automobiles sold, a decrease of 11.6 percent from the 4,595 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a total of 17,792 automobiles sold, a decrease of 12.1 percent from 20,230 automobiles sold in the first five months of 2016.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, May 2017
|%||YTD May 2017||YTD May
|BMW passenger cars||16,756||20,267||-17.3||75,549||85,295||-11.4|
|BMW light trucks
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Sales of BMW Certified Pre-Owned set a May record with 12,698 vehicles, an increase of 18.9 percent from May 20
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales also set a May record with 20,245 vehicles, an increase of 15.7 percent from May 2016.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 101,036, a 24.2 percent increase from the first five months of 2016.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In May, MINI Certified Pre-Owned sold 1,005 vehicles, a decrease of 1.8 percent from May 2016.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales were 2,676 vehicles in May 2017, an increase of 15.3 percent from May 2016.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 13,171 a 15.7 percent increase from the first five months of 2016.
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; Designworks, a strategic design consultancy based in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 and X4 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 342 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 152 BMW motorcycle retailers, 127 MINI passenger car dealers, and 36 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Source: BMW of North America, LLC