WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – May 3, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to announce that the 2018 Model Year R nineT Urban G/S – due to arrive in dealer showrooms by -June – will have a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Base Price of $12,995.00 (plus a $495.00 destination fee).
Inspired by BMW’s 1980 R 80 G/S, the BMW R nineT Urban G/S is a contemporary rendition of a legendary classic enduro, right down to its red, white and blue BMW Motorsport colors and classic styling. Like BMW’s flagship Heritage model – the R nineT – the Urban G/S features a potent, air/oil-cooled boxer engine with a capacity of 1,170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp).
Standard Features (vs. the BMW R nineT) include:
- 19” front wheel (optional off-road tires)
- Headlight fairing + high front fender
- Higher handlebars, more upright
- Extended spring travel (4.9”/5.5” vs. 4.7”/4.7”)
- Enduro footrests
- One-piece seat
- Painted steel tank, traditional forks/gaiters, cast wheels, single tailpipe, Single speedometer
- Hand-brushed Aluminum Fuel Tank with sanded weld: $950 MSRP
- Hand-brushed Aluminum Fuel Tank with visible weld: $850 MSRP
- Chrome Exhaust: $150 MSRP
- Heated Grips: $250 MSRP
- Anti-Theft Alarm: $395 MSRP
- Off-Road Tires: $0
- Automatic Stability Control: $400 MSRP
- Cross Spoke Wheels: $500 MSRP
- Low Seat: $0
- Light White (w/ motorsport-blue accents and red seat): $0
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; Designworks, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 and X4 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 341 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 152 BMW motorcycle retailers, 127 MINI passenger car dealers, and 36 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Source: BMW of North America, LLC