MINNEAPOLIS, MN – March 7, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Polaris Industries (NYSE: PII) extends its decades-long dominance in snowmobile ride and handling with a 2018 model lineup featuring purpose-built snowmobile models built on the innovative AXYS® platform. The company also is redefining the snow bike market with the introduction the all-new Timbersled™ ARO platform.
Redefining extreme crossover versatility, the all-new 2018 line of Polaris Titan models are powerful and agile snowmobiles that feature industry-leading deep snow mobility, unmatched carrying and towing capabilities, solo or 2-up riding versatility, and off-trail or on-trail agility. Built on the new AXYS Titan Chassis, the three Polaris Titan models for 2018 have several innovative new features that ensure rider comfort, secure carrying, and reliable performance in all locations and conditions.
The 2018 Polaris Snowmobiles lineup also includes new models for Deep Snow and Crossover riders:
- The 800 SKS 146 is engineered to deliver the ultimate deep snow performance along with confident handling on trails.
- The 600 Switchback XCR and 800 Switchback XCR feature race-proven components for class-leading performance and the ultimate durability.
The full 2018 Polaris Snowmobiles lineup includes purpose-built models for every type of rider and terrain, including deep snow RMK® models, trail-dominating RUSH® models, versatile Switchback crossover models, INDY® models that epitomize the fun of snowmobiling, and recreational-utility Voyageur® models.
New Timbersled™ ARO™ Platform
A Timbersled system converts a dirt bike into a snow bike that rides on a ski up front and a track in the rear. The system lets a rider use that favorite dirt bike year-round, exploring winter’s snow-covered terrain – on hard-pack as well as in deep, ungroomed snow.
For 2018, Timbersled is elevating the ride experience yet again with the all-new Timbersled ARO platform. This innovative system provides the ultimate in performance and handling, while changing the game in ease of installation. The new ARO system platform is 11 lbs. lighter, and features an all-new aluminum chassis, rear suspension, track, and ski that combine to give riders industry-leading handling, the easiest convertibility and is still Timbersled tough.
2018 Timbersled Models Include:
- ARO 120- Delivering the ultimate in crossover performance
- ARO 120 LE- Limited-edition version with upgraded shocks, custom colors and graphics.
- ARO 137- Delivering the incredible flotation, traction and acceleration deep snow riders need to ride higher and go deeper into the backcountry.
- ARO 137 LE- Limited-edition version with upgraded shocks, custom colors and graphics.
- ST 120 RAW- The industry’s best snow value
- ST 90 RIPPER- Every rider in the family can go snow biking. The system is designed for 110cc dirt bikes and, with its low ride height, it provides riders with easy, responsive handling.
Timbersled is the top choice among today’s snow bikers – and snow bike racers – because the system delivers the best performance, the most-innovative technology and the most exciting riding experience.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK, INDY, Switchback and RUSH snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Source: Polaris Industries Inc.