WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – December 4, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –
- BMW brand sales decrease 18.2 percent
- MINI brand sales increase 1.4 percent
Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 18.2 percent in November for a total of 26,189 compared to 32,003 vehicles sold in November, 2015. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is down 10.0 percent in the U.S. on sales of 280,339 vehicles compared to 311,398 sold in the first eleven months of 2015.
Notable vehicle sales in November include the BMW 7 Series which increased 18.0 percent to 1,233 cars, the BMW X1 which increased 53.2 percent to 2,745 vehicles, and the BMW X5 which increased 18.4 percent to 4,693 vehicles.
“Only a month remains in this year and we are beginning to bid farewell to the current generation 5 Series and getting ready to welcome the all-new BMW 5 Series which will make its world debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “The dynamic driving character of the new 5 Series will be a complement to our 7 Series and make for a stronger model lineup heading into 2017.”
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported November sales of 30,696 vehicles, a decrease of 15.8 percent from the 36,447 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 10.2 percent on sales of 327,711 vehicles in the first eleven months of 2016 compared to 364,903 in the same period in 2015.
MINI Brand Sales
For November, MINI USA reported 4,507 automobiles sold, an increase of 1.4 percent from the 4,444 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a total of 47,372 automobiles sold, a decrease of 11.5 percent from 53,505 automobiles sold in the first eleven months of 2015.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, November 2016
|%||YTD Nov. 2016||YTD Nov.
|BMW passenger cars||15,947||21,807||-26.9||188,812||221,949||-14.9|
|BMW light trucks
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- November 2016 sales of BMW Certified Pre-Owned set a November record with 10,606 vehicles, an increase of 26.4 percent from November 20
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales also set a November record with 19,995 vehicles, an increase of 43.2 percent from November 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 210,541, a 25.4 percent increase from the first eleven months of 2015.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In November, sales of MINI Certified Pre-Owned set a November record with 918 vehicles, an increase of 13.1 percent from November 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales also set a November record with 2,265 vehicles in November 2016, an increase of 18.8 percent from November 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 26,025, a 6.3 percent increase from the first eleven months of 2015.
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; Designworks, a strategic design consultancy based in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 and X4 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 341 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 153 BMW motorcycle retailers, 126 MINI passenger car dealers, and 36 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Source: BMW of North America, LLC