LAGUNA BEACH, CA – November 21, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Attendees of the 2016 Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show will have ample opportunities to listen and learn from an array of industry leaders when the world’s premier event for motorsports professionals comes to Indianapolis, Indiana, in early December.
Known as Race Industry Week, the days leading up to and including the PRI Show offer more than 45 conferences, seminars and special events in and around the Indiana Convention Center beginning December 5. Among the week’s informational and educational opportunities are:
- Advanced Engineering Technology Conference (AETC), December 6-7. This conference focuses on the latest engineering ideas and gives those in attendance a chance to spend one-on-one time with experts, including Gale Banks Engineering President & CEO Gale Banks, Gary Patterson of ECR Engines, Roush Yates Engines Technical Director Jamie McNaughton, and Star Racing CEO George Bryce, among many others.
- Race Track Business Conference (RTBC), December 7. Indianapolis Motor Speedway President Doug Boles, Red Bull Global Rally Cross President Chip Pankow, and Racer Magazine CEO Paul Pfanner will be among the industry leaders taking part in eight presentations on the current status of motorsports, covering topics such as motorsports market research and legislation, risk management, and track operations.
- Grand Opening Breakfast, December 8. Hosted by MAVTV’s Dave Despain, this year’s breakfast provides a unique opportunity to hear from IndyCar legend Rick Mears and NASCAR star Jeff Gordon in a casual and intimate stage setting. It is offered free of charge to registered attendees and exhibitors.
- Student Breakfast, December 9. New for this year, top-performing students and future industry leaders from throughout the country will join established experts in the racing industry during this free breakfast. NASCAR driver David Ragan will be among the featured speakers.
- International Motorsports Trade Seminar, December 9. Wilfried Eibach (Eibach Springs) and Darrick Dong (Performance Friction Brakes) will lead a panel of top international buyers and sellers who will share their insights on purchasing international products for the US market, selling US products internationally, buying US products for international markets, and selling foreign products in the US. This inaugural seminar is offered free of charge, but RSVP is required.
- This year’s PRI Show-sponsored seminars will include four of the industry’s most accomplished professionals—IndyCar legend Lyn St. James, driver/fabricator/TV personality Jessi Combs, Jennifer LaFever of Roush Yates Engines, and Jeanette DesJardins of Car Chix—discussing opportunities for women in motorsports on Friday, December 9. The following day, performance engine and turbocharging guru Ken Duttweiler will sit down for an exclusive Q&A with PRI editors, while in an adjacent room, world-class racer, broadcaster, entrepreneur, speaker, and author Derek Daly delivers his acclaimed “Derek Daly Academy Driver Development Seminar” for young drivers and parents eager to learn the critical skills required to become a complete champion. Additional seminar topics on Friday and Saturday include digital marketing, social media, and building successful business relationships.
The 2016 PRI Trade Show will feature over 1,100 companies throughout 3,300 booths showcasing the latest developments in auto racing technology. Tens of thousands of buyers from all 50 states and 70 countries will be on hand for the three biggest business days in racing.
Source: Performance Racing Industry