October 26, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Last weekend, Sara Price raced a Stadium SuperTruck at the Gold Coast V8 Supercars round at the direct invitation of the legendary Nascar and Off-road racing star Robby Gordon and Australian Racing Legend Paul Morris, in itself a glowing endorsement of Sara’s talent behind the wheel. This weekend, she will fill the seat of Matty Mingay’s Polaris RZ XP Turbo for the final showdown at Ballarat (Vic).
Still with a huge career ahead of her, Sara has already carved her name in the history books. With a formative career in Motocross, Sara became the first female to be signed by a Factory Race Team and has won seventeen National Championship titles as well as medal in X-Games. Since then, the Californian has been challenging the top runners in 4-wheel off-road racing, and not by chasing but by leading the field.
In the US Terracross Series, 2015 Sara won every race in her Polaris RZR XP 1000 the first time in Terracross History and in 2016 won every race she entered but was sidelined for the remaining races netting herself 2nd in in the championship. With a number of other championships to her credit, a race win in Australia is clearly on her agenda.
“When I was asked to race Gold Coast I was more then ecstatic, was a lot of fun the fans here are amazing, but now I get to race a RZR in the peak championship in Australia and that is just the icing on the cake for me, I get to drive fellow Stadium Truck competitor Matty Mingay’s Hot Wheels Polaris I couldn’t be more excited. The competition is world class down here and I cannot wait to get amongst it and start banging wheels and see how I stack up”.
The final round commences Saturday October 29 and again on Sunday October 30 at Monza Park Motocross circuit, Bergs Lane (off Moss Av or Hiscock Gully Rd), Mt Helen (Near Ballarat). Racing commences at 11am. Tickets are $10 at the gate, kids under 14 free. Catering is available at the track. For more details go to
For images and further information contact…
Robert Rosengarten email@example.com B. 03 9394 5628
Simon Gloyne firstname.lastname@example.org M. 0417 301 581
About Polaris RZR XP Turbo
It’s a purpose built off-road recreational vehicle. Here are some of the standout specifications and features.
- Exoskeletal tubular steel chassis with Roll Over Protection Structure (ROPS)
- Long travel suspension.
- Rear: Trailing Arm with Stabilizer Bar, 3.0″ FOX Podium Internal Bypass Shocks (comp adjust/remote res.), 18″ (45.7 cm) Travel.
- Front: Dual A-Arm with Stabilizer Bar, 2.5″ FOX Podium Internal Bypass Shocks (comp adjust/res.), 16″ (40.6 cm) Travel.
- Disc brakes on all corners on 14” alloy wheels, Triple piston front, dual piston rear.
- Weight is 678kg dry.
Engine and Driveline
- Polaris Prostar 925cc 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder Turbocharged producing 144HP.
- Transmission is automatic clutch with PVT and High/Low/Reverse options.
- Drive system is High Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD.
Modifications to Matt Mingay’s RZR XP Turbo
- Minimum requirements for CAMS approval includes the replacement (bolt-on) of the ROPS with a cage built to CAMS specifications.
- Rally seats and 5 point harnesses.
- Bead lock rims.
- Finke Spec Heavy Duty Radius Arms.
- No other modifications are undertaken. The engine, ecu, exhaust, transmission,suspension components and geometry remain stock / unmodified.
- To build your own Polaris RZR for racing, visit http://rollcage.com.au/products/side-by-side-racing-products/polaris-rzr-xp-turbo-and-xp-1000-racing-products/
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader with annual 2015 sales of $4.7 billion. Polaris fuels the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts with our RANGER®, RZR® and POLARIS GENERALTM side-by-side off-road vehicles; our SPORTSMAN® and POLARIS ACE® all- terrain off-road vehicles; VICTORY® and INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; SLINGSHOT® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, SWITCHBACK® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories sold under multiple recognizable brands, and has a growing presence in adjacent markets globally with products including military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers
Source: Polaris Australia