The Best of the Best Will Be Featured in 2017 Edition of Historic Publication
GLEN MILLS, PA – October 20, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Axalta Coating Systems (NYSE: AXTA), a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, is pleased to announce the winners of its 2016 Custom Finishes Calendar Competition who will appear in the 2017 calendar. Custom car owners and builders from across the United States and Canada vied to have their vehicles featured in the custom calendar that Axalta has produced annually since 1993.
Axalta experts looked for motorized passenger vehicles including automobiles (imported or domestic), motorcycles, aircraft or watercraft that are finished with Axalta’s custom Cromax®, Nason®, Spies Hecker®, Standox® brands, or Hot HuesTM products. Entrants must own or have painted the vehicle they entered into the competition. Entries were judged on “best use of color” including finish quality, technical difficulty, design originality and artistic merit.
Twelve winners will appear in Axalta’s 2017 Custom Finishes Calendar. The grand prizewinner will receive $1000, a complimentary professional photo shoot of the winning vehicle, cover position on the 2017 Custom Finishes Calendar, one calendar page highlight and 35 copies of the 2017 calendar. Eleven first place winners will each receive $500 cash, a complimentary professional photo shoot of the winning vehicle, one in-calendar page position and 35 copies of the 2017 Calendar. The winners’ names and locations, descriptions of their vehicles, basecoat brand used and the months in which their vehicles will appear in the calendar are as follows:
- Grand Prizewinner – Cover and April: Derick Samson, Marshall, Missouri, 1952 Mercedes Benz 170S (Cromax®)
- January: Scott Austin, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, 1965 Ford Falcon Futura (Hot HuesTM)
- February: Michael Velek, Manuta, Ohio, 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Spies Hecker®)
- March: Tim Strange, Lewisburg, Tennessee, 1968 Chevrolet C10 Pickup Truck (Cromax®)
- May: Lamar Ard, Westwego, Louisiana, 1961 Chevrolet Corvette (Standox®)
- June: Jim and Pat DeFew, Benton, Kentucky, 2015 Custom Motorcycle (Hot HuesTM)
- July: PJ Burchett, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1950 International Harvester Metro Van (Cromax®)
- August: Micky Heflin, Paducah, Kentucky, 1933 Ford Roadster (Nason®)
- September: Robbin Sheets, Lodoga, Indiana, 1934 Diamond T 211 Truck (Cromax®)
- October: Scott McCormack, Leesburg, Florida, 1967 Pontiac Tempest (Cromax®)
- November: Patrick Buse, Omaha, Nebraska, 1960 Pontiac Ventura (Cromax®)
- December: Bruce Ricks, Sapulpa, Oklahoma, 1956 Ford Victoria (Cromax®)
To learn more about how Axalta is #EngineeredForSpeed, follow us on our North America Refinish social media channels.
About Axalta Coating Systems – Celebrating 150 Years in the Coatings Industry
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the more than 12,800 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our 100,000+ customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
Source: Axalta Coating Systems