LAGUNA BEACH, CA – October 6, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – A very special and limited-time exhibit celebrating Team Penske’s 50 years in motorsports will be on display at the 2016 Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show, Dec. 8-10, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Presented in collaboration with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, the exhibit will showcase an exclusive collection of the team’s winning cars in open-wheel, stock car and sports car competition from the past five decades, including:
- 1979 Gould PC6 driven by Rick Mears (Indianapolis 500 Winner)
- 1981 Norton PC9 driven by Bobby Unser (Indianapolis 500 Winner)
- 1994 Marlboro PC23 driven by Al Unser Jr. (Indianapolis 500 Winner)
- 2001 Dallara IR2 driven by Helio Castroneves (Indianapolis 500 Winner)
- 2012 Dodge Discount Tire Challenger driven by Brad Keselowski (NASCAR Nationwide Series Indianapolis Winner)
- 2015 Ford Shell Pennzoil Fusion driven by Joey Logano (Daytona 500 Winner)
Team Penske is among the most successful teams in motorsports history. The team has produced more than 430 major race wins, over 500 pole positions and 29 National Championships across open-wheel, stock car and sports car racing competition, including the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series Championship with driver Simon Pagenaud. In its storied history, the team has also earned 16 Indianapolis 500 victories, two Daytona 500 Championships, a Formula 1 win and overall victories in the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring. As a result, Team Penske is often referred to as the “New York Yankees of motorsports.”
Also included in Penske’s PRI Show exhibit will be the PPG Cup Trophy, a 1994 Pushrod display engine and the 2015 Daytona 500 trophy, as well as the prestigious Borg-Warner Trophy, which will be on display during Show hours Thursday, December 8.
Racing legend Bobby Unser and others are scheduled to appear as part of Penske’s 50th anniversary exhibit as well.
Don’t miss the Team Penske 50th Anniversary Exhibit in the 6000 exhibit area of the PRI Trade Show, located in the Yellow Hall of the Indiana Convention Center.
For more information or to register for the 2016 PRI Trade Show, visit www.pri2016.com.
Source: Performance Racing Industry