WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – October 4, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Sales of BMW brand vehicles decreased 4.6 percent in September for a total of 25,389 compared to 26,608 vehicles sold in September, 2015. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is down 7.9 percent in the U.S. on sales of 230,133 vehicles compared to 249,956 sold in the first nine months of 2015.
- BMW brand sales decrease 4.6 percent
- MINI brand sales decrease 8.8 percent
Notable vehicle sales in September include the BMW 7 Series which increased to 1,201 cars, the BMW X1 which increased to 2,463 vehicles, and the BMW X3 which increased to 3,829 vehicles.
“Once again, our Sports Activity Vehicles (SAVs) are leading the way, accounting for 44% of BMW September sales, the second month in a row for such a percentage,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “At the same time, I am also pleased to see demand for our flagship 7 Series continuing to increase with solid numbers over a year ago.”
To see and hear more of Ludwig Willisch’s business perspective click here.
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported September sales of 29,413 vehicles, a decrease of 5.2 percent from the 31,022 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are down 8.8 percent on sales of 269,044 vehicles in the first nine months of 2016 compared to 294,930 in the same period in 2015.
MINI Brand Sales
For September, MINI USA reported 4,024 automobiles sold, a decrease of 8.8 percent from the 4,414 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA reported a total of 38,911 automobiles sold, a decrease of 13.5 percent from 44,974 automobiles sold in the first nine months of 2015.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, September 2016
|%||YTD Sept. 2016||YTD Sept.
|BMW passenger cars||16,807||20,242||-17.0||157,412||179,075||-12.1|
|BMW light trucks
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- September 2016 sales of BMW Certified Pre-Owned set a record with 11,178 vehicles, an increase of 28.5 percent from September 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales also set a record with 22,809 vehicles, an increase of 61.6 percent from September 2015.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 168,735, a 22 percent increase from the first nine months of 2015.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In September, sales of MINI Certified Pre-Owned set a record with 925 vehicles, an increase of 2.3 percent from September 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales also set a record with 2,234 vehicles in September 2016, an increase of 4.4 percent from September 2015.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 21,303, a 4.7 percent increase from the first nine months of 2015.
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; Designworks, a strategic design consultancy based in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 and X4 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 341 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 153 BMW motorcycle retailers, 126 MINI passenger car dealers, and 36 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Source: BMW of North America, LLC