CORNISH, ME – August 24, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – HeliBars’® new Tour Performance® handlebar risers for Yamaha Super Ténéré adventure bikes offer a simple, inexpensive and effective way to improve the big, brutish machine’s ergonomics for additional all-day comfort on tarmac and trail.
Heli designed different risers to fit both generations of this capable bike that improve leverage and the Ténéré’s handling, especially at lower speeds. For 2012-2013 models, the Tour Performance riser elevates the bike’s one-piece, tubular handlebar 2 inches and positions it 1-1/2 inches rearward, bringing the handgrips closer to the rider.
For 2014 and later Ténérés, HeliBars built in a 1-1/4 inch rise to complement the current bike’s taller, three-piece triple clamp and also moves the handlebar back by 1-1/2 inches. To do so, riser kits for these bikes include a brake-line extension, whereas the earlier models simply use models utilize the stock hydraulic lines.
Both one-piece risers are made from CNC-machined 6061 aluminum flat bar. Fitting flush in the top triple clamps for additional strength, they work on all standard and electronic-suspension-equipped models. Their beefy design and silver powdercoat match the bikes’ OEM finish.
HeliBars‘ Super Ténéré Tour Performance Handlebar Risers require no modifications to install, making for a simple, one-hour job using common tools. To minimize complexity, the kits are engineered to accept all factory electrical components. Both kits come complete with high-quality Allen-head hardware and fully illustrated, step-by-step instructions.
Engineered, tested and manufactured in Cornish, Maine, these Tour Performance Handlebar Risers–and all HeliBars products–are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee via Heli’s 30-day return policy, and come with a one-year warranty.
- Better ergonomics for additional all-day street and trail comfort
- Improved leverage and handling, especially at lower speeds
- Direct stock replacement for all model years
- No modifications necessary for installation
- Handlebar Rise:
- 2012 – 2013: 2 inches over stock positioning
- 2014 and later: 1-1/4 inches over stock positioning
- Brings hand grips 1-1/2 inches closer to the rider
- Machined to fit flush in the top triple tree for additional strength
- Designed to fit standard and electronic-suspension-equipped models
- Rigid, flex-free, high-quality construction
- Durable silver powdercoat finish
- 100% satisfaction guarantee via a 30-day return policy
- One-year warranty
- Engineered, tested and manufactured in Cornish, Maine
Retail Price: 2012-2013: $129; 2014 and later: $149
About Heli Modified, Inc.
Founded in 1987, Heli Modified, Inc. is based in Cornish, Maine. The company designs and manufactures HeliBars handlebars and handlebar riser systems for more than 70 different applications in the United States that greatly improve the ergonomics of adventure bikes, sportbikes, sport tourers, touring machines and cruisers, allowing motorcyclists to venture further and more often in greater comfort.
Source: Heli Modified, Inc.