SOMERSET, WI – August 9, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Rough, rugged and ideal for minimalist riders seeking gritty style paired with pure practicality. Introducing the all-new Heavy Industry collection from Kuryakyn®.
Inspired by the unique industrial styling of Kuryakyn Heavy Industry Mirrors that shattered sales expectations and deliver form and function in one impressive package. The design has now evolved into a formidable collection of coordinating grips and foot controls. All components in the Heavy Industry line are built to handle anything the road throws their way. Sturdy aluminum construction, knurled surfaces and vibration-dampening EPDM rubber compound with exposed socket head fasteners blend toughness with control and long-haul comfort.
Heavy Industry Grips
Don’t be fooled by the rugged appearance of Heavy Industry Grips. The premium rubber inserts offer reduced vibration, while hard-nosed styling hides your softer side. Rubber is form-fitted in the housing for long-lasting durability, and knurled areas on the housing provide additional grip. Available for most ’82-’16 Harley-Davidson® models with dual-cable or electronic throttle control.
- P/N 6120 – Cable Throttle, Chrome
- P/N 6122 – Electronic Throttle, Chrome
- P/N 6121 – Cable Throttle, Satin Black
- P/N 6123 – Electronic Throttle, Satin Black
Heavy Industry Driver & Passenger Floorboards
Heavy Industry Driver and Passenger Floorboards have a wide profile and sturdy construction that provides plenty of support. The knurled top center surface surrounded by molded rubber inserts offers solid traction. Both are direct replacements for stock Harley-Davidson boards, reusing existing hardware for easy installation.
- P/N 7041 – Driver Floorboards, Chrome
- P/N 7042 – Driver Floorboards, Satin Black
- P/N 7043 – Passenger Floorboards, Chrome
- P/N 7044 – Passenger Floorboards, Satin Black
Heavy Industry Switchblades
The versatile Heavy Industry Switchblades allow riders to deploy heel rests for additional foot support and placement. Hidden heel supports flip out from beneath the flat wide-style footpegs and secure in place via spring-loaded mechanisms. Available with splined male mount adapters as direct replacements on most Harley-Davidson models. Also offered without adapters for a wide range of fitment with separate purchase of Kuryakyn model-specific splined adapters. The splined adapters allow personalized peg angle adjustment to dial in ideal positioning.
- P/N 7027 – Heavy Industry Switchblades w/ Adapters, Chrome
- P/N 7028 – Heavy Industry Switchblades w/ Adapters, Satin Black
- P/N 7029 – Heavy Industry Switchblades w/out Adapters, Chrome
- P/N 7030 – Heavy Industry Switchblades w/out Adapters, Satin Black
Heavy Industry Pegs
Heavy Industry Pegs have a flattened top surface for stable and comfortable positioning. Available with male mount splined adapters as direct replacements on most Harley-Davidson models. Also offered without adapters for a wide range of fitment with separate purchase of Kuryakyn model-specific splined adapters.
- P/N 7031 Heavy Industry Pegs w/ Adapters, Chrome
- P/N 7032 Heavy Industry Pegs w/ Adapters, Satin Black
- P/N 7033 – Heavy Industry Pegs w/out Adapters, Chrome
- P/N 7034 – Heavy Industry Pegs w/out Adapters, Satin Black
Heavy Industry Brake Pedal Pads
Heavy Industry Brake Pedal Pads feature a wide profile for worry-free brake pedal engagement in wet or dry conditions. Applications are available for Harley-Davidson FL Softail and Touring, FX Dyna, and Street XG models, as well as select FX Softails equipped with forward controls.
- P/N 7037 – FX & XG Models, Chrome
- P/N 7038 – FX & XG Models, Satin Black
- P/N 7039 – FL Models, Chrome
- P/N 7040 – FL Models, Satin Black
Heavy Industry Shift Peg
The Heavy Industry Shift Peg rounds out this rugged new collection. A flattened top and bottom surface provides a level platform for easy up- and downshifting. Direct replacement for all Harley-Davidson shift levers.
- P/N 7035 – Chrome
- P/N 7036 – Satin Black
The Heavy Industry collection will be available and on display throughout the 76th annual Sturgis Rally at Kuryakyn’s rally headquarters at Black Hills Harley-Davidson in Rapid City.
For more photos and info, visit www.kuryakyn.com/heavy.
Kuryakyn has been leading the design and manufacturing of aftermarket parts and accessories for the motorcycle industry for the past 27 years. Our ideas are products of expressive minds that realize a motorcycle isn’t simply a means of transportation, but rather a representation of a person’s very identity. We are dedicated to producing innovative parts and accessories that keep us Miles Ahead.
Source: Motorsport Aftermarket Group