OMAHA, NE – August 8, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide online bidding for Historics at Brooklands Summer Classic Car Auction, taking place Saturday, August 20 at 10:30 AM BST in Weybridge, Surrey, UK. Online bidding is already available by visiting Proxibid.
In the Summer Classic Car Auction, buyers will find more than 130 lots of celebrity rides, rare classic cars, as well as and classic motorcycles modern supercars, and more across a wide range of eras, marques and values. One celebrity vehicle sure to excite collectors in both the U.K. and U.S. is a 2002 Mini Cooper S hatchback formerly owned by Madonna and Guy Ritchie for use at their London residence. The automobile is not only a collectable, low mileage Mini Cooper S, but one owned by a superstar making it the perfect investment piece for any collector.
Presented at the birthplace of British motorsport and aviation, the Brooklands Museum, the collection promises to be as exquisite as the venue in which it is presented. Buyers will have the opportunity to participate from anywhere in the world with an internet connection, where the excitement of the auction will be transferred to your home or office through Proxibid’s best-in-class online bidding application.
While each vehicle in the collection is interesting, rare, and highly desired, some of the auction highlights will include:
- 1934 Bentley 3 ½ Litre Roadster: Estimated at £160,000 – £200,000, this pre-war beauty is a bespoke vehicle, dubbed the “Ian Pitney Special.” Featuring a redesigned body with hand-beaten aluminum coachwork, there is only one car like this in existence.
- 1958 Jaguar XK150 Fixed Head Coupe: No expense was spared in restoring the vehicle to excellent condition. The fine example is offered with a fully documented history and carries an estimate of £36,000 – £44,000.
- 1978 MV Agusta Magni 861: This exceptionally rare and collectible motorcycle has just 35,000 km (21,000 mi) showing and carries an estimate of £55,000 – £65,000. It was once owned by Nick Mason of Pink Floyd.
- 2000 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec: Sure to be popular vehicle in the Summer Classic, the Nissan offered for sale is one of the best examples available today. The highly desired Bayside blue color and blisteringly fast twin turbo engine makes it a candidate for any collector’s shortlist.
- 1967 Mercedes-Benz 250 SL Roadster: The iconic 250 SL is pure bred sports car, but with the comforts for a Sunday drive. This superb example is estimated between £38,000 – £45,000.
- 1993 Ferrari F512 TR: The next generation of the Testarossa, the 512 TR is features a 5 litre, 12-cylinder engine, making it a thrill to drive. The example offered for sale is exceptionally well presented in Ferrari Rosso red with black leather interior, estimated between £88,000 – £108,000.
“There is something for everyone at the late summer classic car and motorcycle auction,” said Edward Bridger-Stille, Auction Director of Historics. “From classics to exotic sports cars, we again expect interest from buyers around the world, and Proxibid’s online bidding system makes it easily accessible to those who cannot attend the auction live.”
Bidding online is more secure than ever because of Proxibid’s state-of-the-art risk management system, designed to ensure buyers are safe when purchasing online. The renowned fraud prevention system makes Proxibid the most trusted place to buy classic cars on the Web.
For more information about this auction, to view the auction catalog or to place a bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/historics.
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s most trusted online Marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
About Historics at Brooklands
The specialist UK auction house, Historics at Brooklands was established in March 2010, by private investors, to provide a highly knowledgeable and professional resource for the sale of fine quality classic and collector cars and motorcycles
With its permanent home at Brooklands Museum, the UK birthplace of motorsport and aviation Historics aims to be representative of the breadth of the classic community, hosting major sales at the evocative Brooklands location, with a balanced consignment of interesting, fine classic vehicles of many eras and values. All staff are highly experienced within the classic vehicle sector, and are themselves classic owners and enthusiasts.
For full results of Historics auctions, visit www.historics.co.uk.
Source: Proxibid, Inc.