a Road Sportbike with 650cc V-Twin Engine
August 3, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Suzuki Motor Corporation will launch the all-new SV650 ABS, a slim and lightweight road sportbike with 650cc V-twin engine on 11 August, 2016 in Japan.
By brushing up the controllability of the much-favoured original SV650 further, the all-new SV650 ABS offers nimble handling and responsive and strong acceleration, while combining great manoeuvrability. The SV650 ABS was first showcased as a global model at the Milan Show held in Italy in November 2015. Exports to overseas market started from this January.
The V-twin engine delivers deep rumble in low rev range, strong and linear torque in mid-range, smoothly runs up to high rpm range. The superior controllability was realised by installing it onto a slim and lightweight chassis.
For the engine, first in the Suzuki motorcycle, each piston skirt is tinned and resin coated, resulting in reduction of friction. Also, Low RPM Assist is adopted to help rider for smoother launching operation in low rpm range. By slightly raising engine rpm, it makes it easy to ride at low speed in stop and go traffic. Moreover, Suzuki Easy Start System, which enables the rider to just one-push the starter instead of press-holding it to start the engine, is adopted, enhancing user-friendliness in daily usage.
Main features of the all-new SV650 ABS
Engine and chassis
- Water-cooled, 90 degree V-twin 645cm3 engine
- First in the Suzuki motorcycle, each piston skirt is tinned and resin coated, resulting in reduction of friction between cylinder and piston.
- Low RPM Assist is adopted to help rider for smoother launching operation in low rpm range. Based on such information as engine rpm, gear position, and throttle, the engine rpm slightly raises, thus making it easy to ride at low speed in stop and go traffic.
- Meets the new Japanese domestic exhaust gas restriction of 2016 (equivalent to Euro4)
- Slim and lightweight chassis (curb weight 196kg) offers nimble and superior handling performance in wide range of usage from city riding to touring.
- Suzuki Easy Start System enables the rider to just one-push the starter instead of press-holding it to start the engine with the ECM running the starter motor until the engine starts. Plus, the system enables the rider to not pull the clutch lever in engine starting when the gear is in neutral.
- ABS* monitors front and rear wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
*Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
- Based on the styling design concept of “Clean, Slim and Simple”, the clean, neatly shaped body lines are aimed to be accepted by wide range of riders.
- Available with three colours of white “Peal Glacier White”, red “Pearl Mira Red”, and black “Metallic Mat Black”.
Source: Suzuki Motor Corporation