70 Percent Sell-Through Rate,
Standing-Room Only Crowds Mark Great Event
WALWORTH, WI – July 27, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Mecum Auctions celebrated a great three days in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania with $16.7 million in total sales and an impressive 70 percent sell-through rate for the auction. The results further validate why Harrisburg is such a great central location to properly serve the incredible enthusiasm for collector cars in the northeastern United States. Evidence of this passion could be found in the standing-room only crowds that made their presence known throughout the entirety of the event and the fact that consignments came in from 26 states.
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S124)
KK No. 2161, 429/375 HP, 4-Speed
Top 10 sales at the Mecum Harrisburg 2016 auction include (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
1. 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S124) at $220,000
2. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S140) at $160,000
3. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot F258) at $125,000
4. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S157.1) at $120,000
5. 1968 Ford Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot F132) at $110,000
6. 2015 Ford Shelby GT350 (Lot S97) at $110,000
7. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS Convertible (Lot S112) at $105,000
8. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 (Lot S112.1) at $105,000
9. 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster (Lot S149) at $102,500
10. 1973 Chevrolet Corvette Motion Manta Ray GT (Lot S119) at $100,000
Mecum Auctions’ next collector car auction will be the company’s annual return of Mecum Monterey 2016. “The Daytime Auction” will take place August 18-20 in Monterey, California. This event is slated to feature one of the finest selections Mecum Auctions has ever offered in Monterey including exotic supercars, sports cars, classics, muscle cars and Corvettes.
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S140)
NCRS Top Flight, 427/400 HP
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot F258)
427/435 HP, Tank Sticker
For more information on an upcoming auction or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
About Mecum Auctions
Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 29 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Established by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wis. For further information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
Source: Mecum Auction, Inc.