Includes New Live and OnDemand Motorsport Content, Supports New Streaming Platforms and Features
LOS ANGELES, CA – May 24, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – TEN: The Enthusiast Network announced today the launch of its updated Motor Trend OnDemand, the world’s premier stand-alone automotive SVOD/OTT destination, now featuring a new and refreshed mobile app, 1,500-plus hours of updated live and original content, new platform compatibilities including Apple TV, and archived races from IndyCar, Formula 1® and more.
The newly redesigned content hub and mobile app will allow for live streaming of races from desktop, living room and mobile devices, as well as a schedule of live racing events, with one-of-a-kind first-look access. As the exclusive North American distribution platform for more than 60 live motorsports events each year, Motor Trend’s loyal fans can now enjoy real-time racing, including Pirelli World Challenge, Blancpain Series, DTM, and Lamborghini Super Trofeo, as well as popular enthusiast events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® and Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Top features include:
- Redesigned iOS and Android Apps: Fans can now stream the entire VOD catalog and live races on their smartphones and tablets with the completely redesigned apps for iOS and Android devices, as well as Apple TV.
- Formula 1 and IndyCar Archives: Over 20 years of FIA Formula 1 World Championship™ season review programming for the first time ever with the acquisition of Formula 1 archive rights. In addition, IndyCar programming, including repeat viewing of the full series of races 48 hours after live.
- Availability via web, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android and Roku devices: Subscribers can now stream content a variety of ways including web, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android and Roku devices. The newest iteration of Motor Trend OnDemand features improved full HD video playback to serve as a one-stop destination for auto enthusiasts worldwide.
- Live Streaming on Mobile and Brand New Content: For the first time ever, all of the Motor Trend OnDemand platforms now support live streaming and live programming, allowing enthusiasts to watch races as they happen and on the go. It will also have updated original content, including exclusive bonus episodes and behind-the-scenes footage from its slate of original programs, and two new series, Roadkill Garage and Head2Head Drag Race.
- New Billing and Subscription Options: Motor Trend OnDemand has now integrated in-app subscriptions across Apple, Android and Roku devices and added support for gift subscriptions.
“With the new and improved Motor Trend OnDemand app, we are hoping to reach even more of our most loyal auto enthusiasts, with the top racing and motorsports programming and our own original content, such as the #1 web auto series Roadkill, available on almost any device, anytime, anywhere,” says Scott Dickey, CEO of TEN: The Enthusiast Network. “Motor Trend OnDemand is the only video destination to ‘bring the action’ in the way that auto enthusiasts demand, 24/7/365, live and on demand, on the devices they own and use.”
Starting today, Motor Trend OnDemand is available via iPhone, iPad, Android, web, Roku and now Apple TV devices at a promotional price of $4.99 per month/$49.99 annually. The app can be downloaded from the platform-specific App Stores, or accessed by logging on to www.motortrendondemand.com.
To help celebrate the launch, Motor Trend OnDemand will also be hosting its Motor Trend OnDemand Pick Me Sweepstakes. To enter, fans just need to post a photo of themselves enjoying their favorite gearhead activity and add the hashtags #MTODPickMe #Sweepstakes for a chance to win a coveted seat for them and a guest to attend the 2016 Motor Trend Of the Year Awards in Los Angeles, California.
About MOTOR TREND
MOTOR TREND®, a media brand of TEN: The Enthusiast Network was founded in 1949 and is internationally recognized as one of the leading voices in the automotive category. The MOTOR TREND brand is composed of MOTOR TREND magazine; the award-winning website MotorTrend.com; Motor Trend OnDemand subscription video on-demand service; the Motor Trend Channel on YouTube, Motor Trend Auto Shows; Motor Trend Audio; Motor Trend en Español; Motor Trend India; and the renowned Motor Trend Car of the Year, SUV of the Year, Truck of the Year, Person of the Year, and Best Driver’s Car awards programs.
About TEN: The Enthusiast Network
TEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world’s premier trans-media network of enthusiast brands, such as MOTOR TREND, AUTOMOBILE, HOT ROD, SURFER, TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING, and GRINDTV. With more than 60 websites, 50 publications, 50 annual events, Motor Trend OnDemand subscription video on-demand service, and the world’s largest action/adventure sports media platform, TEN inspires enthusiasts to pursue their passions. For more information, visit enthusiastnetwork.com.