Riders Can Own a New Roadster Motorcycle for $7 a Day
MILWAUKEE, WI – May 18, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – For less than seven bucks a day*, Americans can own a new Dark Custom™ Harley-Davidson® Roadster™ motorcycle. To bring $7-a-day to life, Harley-Davidson created its first-ever free motorcycle-share pop up so everyone (at least through Friday) can test ride a new motorcycle and feel the difference of the nimble Roadster’s air-cooled 1200cc V-Twin engine in urban environments.
“We borrowed the popular bicycle share concept for a few days to showcase how folks can afford to own this new racing-inspired motorcycle,” said Dino Bernacchi, Harley-Davidson U.S. Marketing Director. “This will give riders an opportunity to experience an all-new and more exhilarating way to get around the city. A trip across town on two-wheels will never be the same.”
Temporary Harley-Davidson motorcycle-sharing stations featuring the Roadster will pop-up in select U.S. cities, including Portland, Los Angeles and Harley-Davidson’s hometown of Milwaukee, just as the new motorcycle hits local dealerships.
“This whole effort is designed to show just how attainable owning a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle can be. So, if folks can’t make it down to one of our pop-ups, they can head to a local Harley-Davidson dealer and see for themselves how owning a new Roadster or one of eight other new Harley-Davidson motorcycles can cost less than $7 a day,” Bernacchi added. “It’s easier now than ever to own a Harley-Davidson with the new Roadster, or look into the Street™ 500 starting at $99 a month**.”
Harley-Davidson motorcycle-share location and hours:
Milwaukee: May 18-20, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- The Harley-Davidson Museum
- Third Ward District – Broadway between Chicago and Menomonee
Portland: May 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- PDX Speedshop
- 1313 NW Kearney Street, Portland OR
Los Angeles: May 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Glendale Harley-Davidson
- 3717 San Fernando Road, Glendale CA
Fueled by 60 Years of Heritage, Roadster Leads the Pack
Ideal for city streets, the latest Dark Custom model provides modern performance with a combination of new wheels and tires mated to premium suspension components and an air-cooled 1200cc V-Twin engine that delivers a strong pulse of mid-range torque so riders can turn it loose at the green light.
The new Roadster model joins the Dark Custom lineup with a minimalist, fastback design inspired by classic models and current trends in garage-built custom bikes. At home in urban environments and on twisting roads, Roadster makes a bold visual statement and features a minimalist retro design with a profile reminiscent of vintage racing motorcycles from the 1950s and 1960s. The Roadster is featured in Harley-Davidson’s current Live Your Legend marketing campaign:
“Since its introduction in 1957, the Harley-Davidson Sportster has proved capable of constant reinvention, and the Roadster writes a new chapter in that story,” said Brad Richards, Harley-Davidson Director of Styling. “We’ve watched our customers take the Sportster in so many different directions. The Roadster is a mash-up of styling genres, but the intent was to build a rider’s motorcycle, a Sportster that boasts premium suspension components and a balanced, athletic stance that connects the rider to the road.”
*Riders must have a valid motorcycle license and proper riding gear in order to participate in the motorcycle-share program.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Since 1903, Harley-Davidson Motor Company has fulfilled dreams of personal freedom with cruiser, touring and custom motorcycles, riding experiences and events, and a complete line of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle parts, accessories, general merchandise, riding gear and apparel. For more information, visit www.h-d.com.
* Estimate/Comparison based on non-membership daily bicycle rental rates. Financing Offer available only on new Harley-Davidson motorcycles financed through Eaglemark Savings Bank and is subject to credit approval. Not all applicants will qualify as the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) will vary based on the applicant’s past credit performance and the term of the loan. Financing offer is available only for up to a 60 month term. For example, a 2016 Roadster in Vivid Black with an MSRP of $11,199, no down payment and amount financed of $11,199, a 60 month repayment term, and 3.99% APR results in monthly payments of $206.20. In this example, customer is responsible for applicable taxes, title, licensing fees and any other fees or charges at the time of sale. APR is calculated according to the simple interest method. Not valid in conjunction with other offers. Other terms, conditions, and limitations may apply. Dealer participation may vary. Financing offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time. See your Harley-Davidson Dealership for details.
** Financing Offer available only on new H-D Street 500 motorcycles financed through Eaglemark Savings Bank and is subject to credit approval. Not all applicants will qualify as the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) will vary based on the applicant’s past credit performance and the term of the loan. Financing offer is available only for up to a 72 month term. For example, a 2016 Street 500 in Vivid Black with an MSRP of $6,849, no down payment and amount financed of $6,849, 72 month repayment term, and .99% APR results in monthly payments of $98.02. In this example, customer is responsible for applicable taxes, title, licensing fees and any other fees or charges at the time of sale. APR is calculated according to the simple interest method. Not valid in conjunction with other offers. Customer must take delivery by June 30, 2016. Other terms, conditions, and limitations may apply. Dealer participation may vary. Financing offer is subject to change or cancellation at anytime. See your Harley-Davidson Dealership for details.