Arctic Cat All Star Triple-Header Weekend Concludes Sunday at Bedford Speedway
ORRVILLE, OH – April 17, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – The “Wild Child” Jac Haudenschild lived up to his prestige on Saturday night at Wayne County Speedway; sweeping the entire Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions program in fantastic fashion. The nearby Wooster, Ohio, native kicked-off his evening display by breaking the existing track record during qualifying time trials, all before earning victories during his respective heat race, dash, and the 30-lap main event. Haudenschild’s Arctic Cat All Star victory was the first of his career at Wayne County Speedway, raising the overall bar to 29 victories with the series during his storied career. The pilot of the Jamie Miller-owned No. 6 utilized the very topside of the speedway, earning the victory by 2.221 seconds over Danny Holtgraver and defending Arctic Cat All Star champion Dale Blaney.
Jac Haudenschild in Wayne County Speedway victory lane on Saturday, April 16
DB3 Imaging Photo Credit
“We’ve been struggling a little bit, but this certainly feels good,” explained Jac Haudenschild in victory lane. “Always feels great coming back here and it always feels great to get a win. Jamie Miller always comes through for me. With a little help from Bonzai Bruns and the crew, we got this thing together in time for tonight. This is really special. I’ve always loved coming to Wayne County Speedway. Hopefully we can get back here and do it again soon.”
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, native Danny Holtgraver followed Jac Haudenschild to the final checkers on Saturday night. The pilot of the Pete Grove-owned, Premiere Motorsports, No. 70 started fourth on the feature grid, but raced inside the top-three during the entire 30-lap distance. “Downtown” battled in the final podium spot for the first 15 circuits, racing close behind Jac Haudenschild and Sheldon Haudenschild until inheriting the runner-up spot during a lap 16 caution.
On lap 16, while chasing his father through traffic, Sheldon Haudenschild made contact with a lapped car, bringing the familiar Haudenschild Racing, Southern Pacific Farms, No. 93 to a stop between turns three and four. The five-time Arctic Cat All Star main event winner in 2015 would be forced to restart at the tail of the field.
After the restart, the last half of the feature program would see no change nor challenge up front with Jac Haudenschild surging on over Danny Holtgraver and Friday night winner Dale Blaney.
“I just want to thank everyone who made this happen for me,” said Danny Holtgraver. “We had some issues last night at Attica, getting upside-down during qualifying time trials, so I wasn’t sure what to think today. We got here and found some issues with the engine. Despite the issues, my guys never gave up and they pushed through. I want to thank Pete Grove again, as well as all of my supporters who stuck by me this entire time. Cody Jacobs never gives up and works to give me a great race car every time we hit the track. This feels really good.”
The Coffee Pot Classic at Bedford Fairgrounds Speedway will conclude the Arctic Cat All Star triple-header weekend through Ohio and Pennsylvania. The three-race swing, officially kicking-off the 2016 Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions point championship, launched on Friday night, April 15, at Attica Raceway Park, and will now conclude on the big half-mile in Bedford, Pennsylvania, on Sunday, April 17. The Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions will face-off against a stout field of competitors from all areas of Pennsylvania, including the notorious “Pennsylvania Posse,” who captured the most recent series victory at Bedford Fairgrounds Speedway in June, 2015. Greg Hodnett was the victor, holding off a sixth starting Danny Dietrich and Ryan Smith.
The Coffee Pot Classic will ignite with pit gates opening at 2:00 pm on Sunday, April 17. A mandatory drivers meeting will be conducted at 5:30 pm, with hot laps to follow at 6. Competition will hit the racing surface at 6:30 pm, sharp. For more information, please visit Bedford Fairgrounds Speedway live on the Web at www.bedfordspeedway.com.
Contingency Awards/Results – Wayne County Speedway – Saturday, April 16, 2016
- EMi Driver’s Meeting: 31 Entrees
- State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Dale Blaney – 14.405 seconds
- Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Jac Haudenschild – 14.125 seconds *NTR
- Kistler Racing Products Heat #1: Jac Haudenschild
- All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Sheldon Haudenschild
- Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Chad Kemenah
- JE Pistons Dash: Jac Haudenschild
- Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Jac Haudenschild
- MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Chad Kemenah (+5)
- Outback Steakhouse A-Main 5th Place Finisher: Cap Henry
- Outback Steakhouse A-Main 10th Place Finisher: Brad Haudenschild
- Outback Steakhouse A-Main 15th Place Finisher: Caleb Helms
A Feature 1 (30 Laps):
1. 6M-Jac Haudenschild; 2. 70-Danny Holtgraver; 3. 1-Dale Blaney; 4. 10H-Chad Kemenah; 5. 21-Cap Henry; 6. 22-Cole Duncan; 7. 49-Tim Shaffer; 8. 9X-Rob Chaney; 9. 19M-Brent Marks; 10. 38K-Brad Haudenschild; 11. 7C-Caleb Armstrong; 12. 8M-T.J. Michael; 13. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 14. 60-Kory Crabtree; 15. 40-Caleb Helms; 16. 94-Ryan Smith; 17. 23C-Tyler Courtney; 18. 16M-Danny Mumaw; 19. 5T-Travis Philo; 20. 22S-Brandon Spithaler; 21. 81-Lee Jacobs; 22. 57X-Andrew Palker; 23. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg; 24. 49H-Bradley (Brad) Howard
B Feature 1 (12 Laps):
1. 40-Caleb Helms; 2. 57X-Andrew Palker; 3. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg; 4. 5T-Travis Philo; 5. 16M-Danny Mumaw; 6. 49H-Bradley (Brad) Howard; 7. 11K-Kraig Kinser; 8. 19-Joe Kubiniec; 9. 23-Nick Patterson; 10. 7-Troy Kingan; 11. 49D-Shawn Dancer; 12. 8-Bryan Sebetto
Dash 1 (6 Laps):
1. 6M-Jac Haudenschild; 2. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 3. 1-Dale Blaney; 4. 70-Danny Holtgraver; 5. 21-Cap Henry; 6. 9X-Rob Chaney; 7. 7C-Caleb Armstrong; 8. 22-Cole Duncan
Heat 1 (8 Laps):
1. 6M-Jac Haudenschild; 2. 9X-Rob Chaney; 3. 7C-Caleb Armstrong; 4. 19M-Brent Marks; 5. 70-Danny Holtgraver; 6. 81-Lee Jacobs; 7. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg; 8. 49D-Shawn Dancer; 9. 19-Joe Kubiniec; 10. 11K-Kraig Kinser
Heat 2 (8 Laps):
1. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 2. 21-Cap Henry; 3. 60-Kory Crabtree; 4. 22S-Brandon Spithaler; 5. 8M-T.J. Michael; 6. 94-Ryan Smith; 7. 40-Caleb Helms; 8. 5T-Travis Philo; 9. 57X-Andrew Palker; 10. 7-Troy Kingan
Heat 3 (8 Laps):
1. 10H-Chad Kemenah; 2. 49-Tim Shaffer; 3. 1-Dale Blaney; 4. 38K-Brad Haudenschild; 5. 22-Cole Duncan; 6. 23C-Tyler Courtney; 7. 16M-Danny Mumaw; 8. 23-Nick Patterson; 9. 49H-Bradley (Brad) Howard
Qualifying 1 (2 Laps):
1. 6M-Jac Haudenschild, 14.125; 2. 1-Dale Blaney, 14.300; 3. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild, 14.307; 4. 70-Danny Holtgraver, 14.361; 5. 22-Cole Duncan, 14.427; 6. 9X-Rob Chaney, 14.438; 7. 7C-Caleb Armstrong, 14.522; 8. 81-Lee Jacobs, 14.526; 9. 22S-Brandon Spithaler, 14.544; 10. 21-Cap Henry, 14.553; 11. 60-Kory Crabtree, 14.596; 12. 10H-Chad Kemenah, 14.601; 13. 49-Tim Shaffer, 14.634; 14. 94-Ryan Smith, 14.681; 15. 11K-Kraig Kinser, 14.690; 16. 40-Caleb Helms, 14.693; 17. 20N-Hunter Schuerenberg, 14.696; 18. 8M-T.J. Michael, 14.717; 19. 38K-Brad Haudenschild, 14.720; 20. 19M-Brent Marks, 14.726; 21. 49D-Shawn Dancer, 14.735; 22. 5T-Travis Philo, 14.738; 23. 57X-Andrew Palker, 14.765; 24. 8-Bryan Sebetto, 14.840; 25. 16M-Danny Mumaw, 14.892; 26. 23-Nick Patterson, 14.893; 27. 23C-Tyler Courtney, 14.964; 28. 19-Joe Kubiniec, 15.002; 29. 49H-Bradley (Brad) Howard, 15.354; 30. 7-Troy Kingan, 15.416
Additional Series Info
Those seeking additional information regarding the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions should visit their official online home at www.allstarsprint.com. Series updates and breaking news will be posted regularly on the official Twitter account of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions: https://twitter.com/ASCoC. Find full text results from each and every event, as well as an up-to-date schedule, online at www.allstarsprint.com/schedule/.
About the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first ‘outlaw’ Sprint Car organization of the modern era. After a 10 year stint as owner of the All Stars, Miller passed control of the series to Bert Emick in 1980; a reign that would continue through 2002. Guy Webb then purchased the series from Emick in the summer of 2002 and served as the series President for the next 12 years. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
About Arctic Cat
The Arctic Cat brand is among the most widely recognized and respected in the recreational vehicle industry. The company designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles, in addition to related parts, garments and accessories under the Arctic Cat® and Motorfist® brand names. Arctic Cat Inc.’s world headquarters is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at www.ArcticCat.com.