Road Racing Series Looking For Volunteers For New Season
COSTA MESA, CA, January 19, 2016 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – MotoAmerica is looking for a few good men. And women. With the new season rapidly approaching, MotoAmerica is seeking volunteers who want to assist the series and be a part of the action that is the 2016 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series.
So would you like to help organize and run the 2016 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Championship? MotoAmerica will provide training, camping options, guest and parking passes, plus lunch on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at each event.
“Last year we had a great turnout of volunteers who helped us with our events in our debut season,” said MotoAmerica race operations manager Niccole Cox. “Like MotoGP and World Superbike, we use volunteers to help our staff and it’s a system that works well. We really attracted some quality people last year and we’re hoping for more of the same this coming season. It’s a lot of fun to work with the new people and see how much they enjoy working the races from the inside.”
Positions are available at all nine events for track, tire, and grid marshals, technical control, and registration staff. Here is a brief description of those positions:
- Track Marshal: Provides support with motorcycle recovery in the event of a crash or mechanical failure. The race director relies heavily on having a team of well disciplined and competent marshals.
- Tire Marshal: Assists Tire Control Coordinator in paddock, hot pit, and grid to ensure competitors follow tire-allocation regulations. Volunteer will check tire tags on motorcycles as they leave pit out, log tire tags and report any infractions to Tire Control.
- Technical Control: Supports Technical Director to certify racing motorcycles conform to rulebook. Volunteer will help organize paperwork and oversee bikes in Parc Ferme.
- Registration Staff: Helps Registration Manager verify competitors, crew, media, and VIPs have appropriate credentials and parking passes. Volunteer helps with making copies and other clerical duties needed.
- Grid Marshal: Assists Chief Steward help riders follow practice and qualifying procedures and make sure their motorcycles are positioned correctly on the grid for race starts as well as monitors for potential safety risks on the race start.
To apply for one or more of these positions, click on the following link to got to the appropriate page on our website. Click Here
MotoAmerica is the new North American road racing series created in 2014. MotoAmerica is an affiliate of KRAVE Group LLC, a partnership that includes three-time 500cc World Champion, two-time AMA Superbike Champion, and AMA Hall of Famer Wayne Rainey, ex-racer and former manager of Team Roberts Chuck Aksland, motorsports marketing executive Terry Karges, and businessman Richard Varner. For more information on MotoAmerica, visit www.MotoAmerica.com. Also make sure to follow MotoAmerica on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.