LOS ALAMITOS, CA – November 6, 2014 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Want to quickly transform your sportster into an aggressive yet comfortable cafe racer? The RSD line of Cafe products will do just that. Check out below for some suggested items that will dramatically change the look of your bike.
1 – RSD Café Tail Section
The RSD Café Tail Section slims and simplifies the back of your Sportster. The Tail is made of thick, strong fiberglass that is covered with a Black Gel Coat. Sold separately are two different seat options, the simple clean lines of the Café style, or the triple diamond stitched Boss. The RSD Café Tail package is aggressive, yet flows perfectly with the Sportster side covers and gas tank. If you don’t want to cut the struts off of your bike, check out our line of Cafe Sportster seats that works with your stock fender and struts!
Café Tail Section Features:
- Has clearance for stock shocks, wheels & tires
- Covered in Black Gel coat
- Required removal of stock fender, supporting struts and seat.
- Requires relocation of taillight and turn signals
- Fiberglass construction with stainless steel mounting brackets
- All necessary mounting hardware included
- MSRP Café Tail Section $449.95, MSRP Café & Boss Seats $189.95-$249.95
2 – RSD Rearsets
Our racetrack driven RSD Rearsets for Sportsters are the ultimate improvement for an aggressive foot position. These Rearsets have RSD’s high quality finish and feature foot pegs with race style pivots allowing for a higher lean angle. The mega knurl on our pegs ensure your feet stay planted and your focus remains on the road ahead. High quality fasteners and pivots ensure smooth operation with little effort.
- Bolt-on Rearset foot controls
- Moves foot position approximately 2″ up, 13″ back and 1.5″ narrower per side for increased ground clearance when cornering
- Aggressive rider position
- Utilizes OEM rear master cylinder
- Designed to fit seamlessly with RSD Slant 2-into-1 exhaust system
- Eliminates bulky, heavy OEM cast steel footpeg brackets, bell crank brake rod and master cylinder bracket
- MSRP: $649.95
3 – RSD Clip-Ons
The RSD 1″ Clip-Ons mount to your 39mm front forks, below the top triple clamp, for a low handlebar position. The aluminum bars are dimple milled to allow for stock wiring to cleanly exit your stock switch housings. When installing Clip Ons we use Misano race styled Riser Hole Plugs to clean up the holes in the top of your stock triple clamp.
- Adjustable to any pullback and any height between top and bottom triple clamps with a fixed 5 degree down angle
- Replaces top mounted handlebars and risers
- Bar is 1″ diameter to accept stock or aftermarket hand controls and the bars are slotted for external wiring and black anodized
- Interchangeable RSD Logo Badges (Black & Brass)
- Made in the USA
- MSRP: $249.95
4- RSD Gauge and Headlight Re-locator
The Cafe Gauge and Headlight Re-locator lowers your headlight and gauges to a more sleek position from the top handlebar clamp down to the front of the top triple clamp and lowers the stock headlight 2 inches. This allows for the complete elimination of risers for use of the RSD Cafe 39mm Clip-Ons.
- Eliminates stock Sportster headlight visor/eyebrow
- LED warning/indicator light sold separately
- Designed to use stock gauge
- MSRP: $259.95
The options are endless with the RSD Cafe accessories, multiple finishes and complimenting products. Keep it simple and easy on the budget with just the a few pieces or go all out with the full line. Click here to see what these parts can really do.
THE RSD STORY
Roland Sands Design is a motorcycle, product and apparel company that has its roots in racing, custom bike building and design. Our inspiration comes from a high performance background that blends the love of two wheels with the desire to create unique products. We live the two-wheeled life and our crew is a diverse collection of road racers, off-road, dirt track, super Moto and custom bike builders and riders. It is this diversity that allows us to work with the best in the industry on a variety of projects. Our clients include Ducati, Dunlop, Harley-Davidson, Panasonic, Performance Machine, Piaggio, Polaris, Toyota, Triumph, Yamaha, Vance & Hines and many others.
Roland Sands is from Long Beach, California. His diverse upbringing encompasses just about every aspect of the motorcycle industry. His first motorcycle was an RM50 dirt bike given to him on his 5th birthday, on which, after just minutes of riding, he broke a bone… but fell in love with it anyway. His love of speed on two wheels took him to the professional racing ranks for 10years. He set multiple track records around the world and was the 1998 American Motorcyclist Association 250GP champion. However, 32 broken bones later, Roland decided to trade in his racing leathers for a hammer, pencil and computer designing and began building motorcycles and custom motorcycle products. In 2005, he founded Roland Sands Design. Sands’ designs are a mixture of sport bike and chopper influences and he has played a pivotal role in popularizing high performance custom bikes. Roland and his designs (motorcycles and products) have earned many accolades throughout the years, including three V-Twin Wheel Design of the year awards; V-Twin Control Design; Chip Foose Design of Excellence Award in Sturgis; 2nd, 3rdand 4th place in the Modified Harley class at the World Championship of Custom Bike Building; V-Twin Trendsetter of the Year award; Biker Build Off Champion on the Discovery Channel; Biker Build Off Rookie of the year and the 2Wheel Tuner Brappy Award. Roland and the RSD fleet of custom motorcycles have been featured in more than 500 magazine articles worldwide, on more than 100 magazines covers. He attends most American motorcycle rallies and events year round, as well as multiple International shows. Sands has also starred in a variety of TV shows including Nitro Circus, Chopper Nation, Biker Build Off, Thunder and many others.
For additional information, please go to www.rolandsands.com